Was thinking all DD need now is to sign Gerant Thomas and I reckon they will be complete[emoji57]

He too seems like quite a character

Edited by Gen

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nibbles most aggressive rider.. nah I don't agree with that hey

You have got to be kidding me!!???!! WTF

Solo break away attack on the breakaway and stays away vs Nibali? As with the Voekler day, pathetic!!

You have got to be kidding me!!???!! WTF

Solo break away attack on the breakaway and stays away vs Nibali? As with the Voekler day, pathetic!!

Can't give it to Cummings he got the stage but I thought Navarro rode well and smart and attacked Nibali and Impey at the right time so I fancy he should've gotten the red number for tomorrow!

General classification after stage 7:

1 Greg Van Avermaet (Bel) BMC Racing Team 34:13:40

2 Julian Alaphilippe (Fra) Etixx - Quick-Step 0:06:36

3 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Movistar Team 0:06:38

4 Joaquin Rodriguez (Spa) Team Katusha 0:06:39

5 Christopher Froome (GBr) Team Sky 0:06:42

6 Nairo Quintana (Col) Movistar Team 0:06:42

7 Warren Barguil (Fra) Team Giant-Alpecin 0:06:42

8 Pierre Rolland (Fra) Cannondale-Drapac 0:06:42

9 Daniel Martin (Irl) Etixx - Quick-Step 0:06:42

10 Fabio Aru (Ita) Astana Pro Team 0:06:42

But I thought I might cook myself actually. I was riding on the flat quite a lot and Nibali had a teammate so he might have had an easier ride to the climb. But the climb was 5 or 6 percent and that’s good for my characteristics. And when you’re on the limit and in a chase you never trust anyone except your own teammates – and sometimes not even them. So I just carried on, as you do.”

Stevo, DiData

While Quintana, Froome, Dan Martin and Fabio Aru remain locked on the same time, 6:42 down on Van Avermaet, Pinot's disastrous afternoon sees him slip to 26th overall, 9:39 off the lead and almost three minutes off where he ought to be at this juncture.

Warren Barguil, meanwhile, who attacked at the base of the Aspin and was then slightly distanced near the summit, managed to bridge back up on the descent, and he lies 7th overall this evening and he remains on the same time as Froome, Quintana et al.

The yellow jersey is in the break. Kyrienka too.

22 riders in total. Maybe too big to be effective. I think the strong ones are going to break away as soon as they can.

CyclingNews reported 29 in a break.

Question is... Who made it to the intermediate sprint point?

CyclingNews reported 29 in a break.

Question is... Who made it to the intermediate sprint point?

The commentators were originally counting 22 and that went on for a while. Then suddenly we heard it was 29. Either a miscount first time round, or few managed to bridge across (there was lots of that going on at one stage).

The commissaires have corrected the results to reflect that Adam Yates was ahead of the peloton when he was struck by the falling banner at the 1km to go mark. That means that Yates will move up to second overall, 6:35 behind Greg Van Avermaet, and will wear the white jersey tomorrow instead of Julian Alaphilippe - who had already been presented with today's maillot blanc during the podium ceremonies.

[emoji354][emoji354][emoji354]

The commissaires have corrected the results to reflect that Adam Yates was ahead of the peloton when he was struck by the falling banner at the 1km to go mark. That means that Yates will move up to second overall, 6:35 behind Greg Van Avermaet, and will wear the white jersey tomorrow instead of Julian Alaphilippe - who had already been presented with today's maillot blanc during the podium ceremonies.

That means I have to correct the Fantasy scores too.