• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That means I have to correct the Fantasy scores too.

Yebo, Gerald'

Alaphillippe will be slamming his suitcase this evening after losing the Young Rider's Jersey ????

"A spectator came too close to the structure and with his belt he caught it on the cable," ASO's Philippe Sudres told Cyclingnews, confirming the event was not an act of sabotage.

"The cable powered the generator that powered the arch, the inflatable. We know that from a witness who was there and who talked to the police. We will reinforce the security around the structure so that this doesn't happen again. In maybe ten to fifteen years something like this has never happened. It was an accident, not someone looking to break it."

"We will reinforce the security around the structure so that this doesn't happen again. In maybe ten to fifteen years something like this has never happened. It was an accident

It's like something has to go wrong first before someone thinks. When the stakes are so high there should really be risk assessments and some contingency plan.

The commissaires have corrected the results to reflect that Adam Yates was ahead of the peloton when he was struck by the falling banner at the 1km to go mark. That means that Yates will move up to second overall, 6:35 behind Greg Van Avermaet, and will wear the white jersey tomorrow instead of Julian Alaphilippe - who had already been presented with today's maillot blanc during the podium ceremonies.

Good on them! That really made me the cross yesterday. Would do my nut if it was me... And the more okes attack the better. But then I would also lose it going up a mountain with pretzels dragging flags in my face, too, so perhaps I am not the best judge

That really was unlucky timing. Another 5 secs and he'd have crept under safely at least.

Given that there are literally thousands of police lining the route each day and more so in the last few kms I'm surprised that the genny/compressor is that accessible.

lets say Yates broke a bone or two with the banner falling down.

could he hold the tour responsible and sue ?

It's like something has to go wrong first before someone thinks. When the stakes are so high there should really be risk assessments and some contingency plan.

Funny you should say that, we are all human after all and even in a risk assessment we tend to miss things

Funny you should say that, we are all human after all and even in a risk assessment we tend to miss things

Thing is, it's not the first time that inflatables have been an issue.. but it's the first time a rider has been hurt because of it.. last year we must have seen 2/3 inflatables deflate during the spring classics.

Same with the motorbikes plenty incidents but they only act after a rider is killed.

Thing is, it's not the first time that inflatables have been an issue.. but it's the first time a rider has been hurt because of it.. last year we must have seen 2/3 inflatables deflate during the spring classics.

Same with the motorbikes plenty incidents but they only act after a rider is killed.

Fair comment and in that case maybe they should change the appointed risk assessors with people who know what they doing or what to look out for... one error costing a human life, is one error too many..

Archived