i did that at the Amashova last year, except I had to stop at the water point to get 8 bottles of water and 8 bananas. I could barely pedal with all the stuff in my shirt, and my fellow buddy batch teammates had to slow down and push me back to the main group.

Edit: I wonder if Andre got his "water"

Edited by geraldm24

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For tomorrow's stage I have this weird vision of Froome attacking over the climb and then riding the next 170km solo in that weird position he used on Saturday.

For tomorrow's stage I have this weird vision of Froome attacking over the climb and then riding the next 170km solo in that weird position he used on Saturday.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I've been picturing what a descent like that one tomorrow must be like: basically non-stop for 60km and dropping 2 vertical kilometres in altitude.

60km should be nearly an hour of solid descending, eish.

It must start getting pretty uncomfortable after a while, trying to hold the tuck for so long. Might even start wishing for a bit of climbing relief.

I like Hans Vandeweghe's comment

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Was catching up on the podcast tonight and Sky have a camper/van whatever solely for washing machines, one for each rider.

I've been picturing what a descent like that one tomorrow must be like: basically non-stop for 60km and dropping 2 vertical kilometres in altitude.

It must start getting pretty uncomfortable after a while, trying to hold the tuck for so long. Might even start wishing for a bit of climbing relief.

Firstly, to earn the descent:

a looong warm up on the rollers

THEN

22-23 kms at about 5.5% gradient

That'll be interesting ????

Not anywhere near this but I have always wanted to be dropped off in Victoria West and ride to Three Sisters.65KM and pretty much scenic downhill all the way

Firstly, to earn the descent:

a looong warm up on the rollers

THEN

22-23 kms at about 5.5% gradient

That'll be interesting ????

I reckon there are a few rider that will fancy their chances today..

If Cummings finds himself in the break and they stay away.. he will be licking his lips.

But I reckon a lot of riders will be gunning to get into the break, Sagan (has to go fetch points) and Alaphilippe will also be eyeing the break.

if Cav plans on staying to Paris he will have to really follow Sagan around, but I don't know he really really battled with the first climbs of the last 2 stages.. maybe the rest day would've helped him a bit.