According to the official Le Tour WS.  BS as usual:

Thomas De Gendt and Serge Pauwels made another 1-2 for Belgium at Mont Ventoux after Greg Van Avermaet and De Gendt did it at Le Lioran on stage 5. They fought for stage victory from a breakaway group but Chris Froome was victim of a mechanical in the finale after he and Richie Porte had dropped Nairo Quintana before the finish at Chalet-Reynard. Adam Yates moved into the overall lead ahead of Bauke Mollema.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never seen such chaos. When will ASO realise crowd control? When a bomb explodes between the spectators?

Brainless organisers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Only mention in UCI rules regarding running is as follows.

1.2.109 The rider may cross the linr on foot, provided that he has his bicycle with him.

Other than that no mention. So he can run or walk without bicycle and just have a bicycle going over the line. ;)

Bruce Fordyce would be proud of Froome's Pace and Running Style up that Mountain..... :thumbup:

You'll have a hard time running or walking without your bike and then magically have it with you again at the finish line. Moral is just like in triathlon, you are not allowed to proceed towards the finish without your bike in your possession.

Only mention in UCI rules regarding running is as follows.

1.2.109 The rider may cross the linr on foot, provided that he has his bicycle with him.

Other than that no mention. So he can run or walk without bicycle and just have a bicycle going over the line.

No word on what's going to happen?

Adam Yates precedent? Time from 1km out. Even Peter S says it's 'not nice what happen to Froome'

Geez, its gone from a sticky bottle and oversized wrench for Aru, to Froome running up the mountain! Busy stage!

And some were saying it was going to be boring 

You'll have a hard time running or walking without your bike and then magically have it with you again at the finish line. Moral is just like in triathlon, you are not allowed to proceed towards the finish without your bike in your possession.

So what the options, kick him out or give him a time penalty. 

Archived