• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

results stand as they were when people cross the line....spectators / tv coverage bikes....its part of racing. Otherwise we might as well setup VR indoor bikes...hook it up to a tv screen and watch the watts game...

Froome is good at that as well.

No way rouxtjie. Cycling has a long history and tradition of making spur of the moment decisions to even out exceptional incidents. Like with what happened to Yates when the banner thing fell on him. They neutralized that so are you saying that was wrong?

What bothers me is the total lack of control. We were told that provision had been made in case of terror attacks on the Tour now they can't even control drunk spectators who claim by some weird twist of logic to be cycling fans. Awful terror attack in Nice. It takes little imagination to see what could go wrong.

Oh crap, just turned in the news... Another psycho in Nice. Oh, please, please no incidents today,or any day.

I think that is one thing everyone is hoping/praying for.

French riders will be super amped to try and win today to help give a little joy and light back to France!

GO PINOT!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

would it have been the same if mollema went down alone...I dont think so.

animal farm syndrome

They fixed Yates's time after the flag collapse so I'd hope they would if it was just Mollema too. If you can have a 3km neutral zone on a sprint stage to prevent the effects of what are actual race incidents for safety reasons, no reason not to rectify a total outside event which could be far more serious?

If the result stands irrespective of outside interference, what do you think will happen on the next stages???? Yesterday's stage will be mild compared to the spectators tackling riders off their bikes in the hope of their favourite getting a clean run! But then everyone is supporting different riders, teams, nationalities, so no one would make it up the mountain!

How is it racing when there is no where to go, cause the road is full of spectators? What if Froome was looking to attack then? Where could he go? It's hardly one rider wide...

mmmm didnt see a magic wall pop up....because there wasnt one....

He donered into porte and the motorbike...a crash 

results stand as they were when people cross the line....spectators / tv coverage bikes....its part of racing. Otherwise we might as well setup VR indoor bikes...hook it up to a tv screen and watch the watts game...

Dangerous precedent we set then, imagine Bastille day when a frenchman and someone from another country are together going for a stage win. A french spectator interferes with the non french rider and the french rider wins. Shrug shoulders and say ah well, too bad. 

imo you cant compare the situations with each other....

I disagree, both accidents were outside influences that affected the rider and impeded the race... you cannot state you can't compare.... then not justify why... weak argument !!

imo you cant compare the situations with each other....

So Yates fell through no fault of his own. He literally had his bike taken out, went over the bars and couldn't get going again. How is this different for Porte and Froome?

Ja, sure

http://i.imgur.com/wdTrpQw.jpg

It is Friday, after all

Barriers are required for a longer stretch down the mountain. The attacks don't happen in the final 750 meters, they happen before that! There was a 'magic' wall that kept popping up! (Made of people!)

Right, lets call Prudhomme. Rouxtjie implies, we ride over spectators from this point, because it's a racing accident when someone rides into the back of the camera bike when it suddenly has to come to a full standstil....

On the left, the fan in the polka dot cap is like "What The Fork Am I Seeing..." :eek:  :clap:

That Face!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I think that is one thing everyone is hoping/praying for.

French riders will be super amped to try and win today to help give a little joy and light back to France!

GO PINOT!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Time for ASO to look at how the Giro control the crowds

f2c8e2cd40b32b47a8f655a595669fc0.jpg

8ddc5e2ccb3d2ac1795da33e5c71721d.jpg

2ca40fef68958165446f9279da1cd23e.jpg

you're kidding me right ..have you not read or watched anything... the motorbike had to suddenly stop because a fan fell down in front of it. ..

There was no space or time for the riders to get past it.

http://www.steephill.tv/2016/tour-de-france/photos/stage-12/102900_604559342.jpg

Archived