Enduro dress code

Aicorner

Are there any rules wrt what kit to wear at enduros ?

I wear lycra because I find it cooler, have had baggy pants hook on my saddle and haven't found baggies with a good chamois.  But just about everyone else wears pants. 

I have been told one is supposed to wear knee & elbow guards if you wear lycra (sound like the piss was being taken - which is all part of the fun) but I would like to know, seriously, if there are reasons/rules or whether I just have no sense of fashion.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No rules, or set dress code, but I think the piss was taken. Wearing Lycra to a Enduro event is like using a saddle bag, its not cool, but its practical.

I think you should absolutely wear kneepads and lycra. Go an annoy some of the fellow riders. Don't forget the sleeveless shirt

Purple howzit gym shorts with second skinz over vest is all the rage in Europe. Next year it will be here. Get ahead of the trend

If you are going to wear Lycra to an Enduro then please make it bright lumo colours. If you are unsure google downhill racing in the late 80s and 90s. That way you will fit in better. :thumbup:

You'll be fine if you dress something like this.......no Lycra :whistling:  :ph34r:

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/photos/74366/s1600_Screen_Shot_2014_04_14_at_9.16.48_AM.jpg?1397492513

Essential is comfortable walking shoes, something with good grip for all the walking when the trail turns upwards

Whats ENDURO?

its where you ride very very far....comes from the word endurance...

Think marathon racing but longer

I saw a few lads in lycra at Howick. I must say they stick out like a sore thumb. I reckon wear what you enjoy. If it works for you roll with it. Put up with the comments as its all in the fun of the sport.

There is no dress code per say, so wear what you feel to be the most appropriate for your riding/comfort.

WRT the knee pads, in the EWS the rules state one has to wear knee pads and helmet as a minimum, but the required protection varies from event to event does change to tie in with local rules. We are not quite there yet, but for me, helmet (obviously) and knee pads should be a minimum.

On the subject of knee pads. I fully endorse them. I used to get all sorts of roasties on my knees and often couldn't even figure out where they came from. I now have knee pads and I've stopped getting so many roasties. I thought they were overkill, and for xc they are, but for enduro they will be put to good use and confidence = speed therefore they will also make you faster.

If you are going to wear Lycra to an Enduro then please make it bright lumo colours. If you are unsure google downhill racing in the late 80s and 90s. That way you will fit in better. :thumbup:

Just - under NO circumstances bring a bike in girlie lumo colours.... :)

Archived