Miway insurance claim goes one way

streetfighter

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not cycling related, but, my sister had a car window smashed last week Thursday and has been getting the run around.

Outsurance have been quite helpful, but, their suppliers are pathetic.

Both National Auto Glass and PG Glass make promises to call people and are not contactable (try phone either one and their lines just ring) and when they eventually call way after their self imposed deadlines they claim they are trying to source it... Who knew, glass companies can't get glass. What is the world coming to...

Tell her to try Grandmark

Maybe not. I mean, he may not want it to be confirmed if, say, the damage was indeed superficial...

Have to agree Tumbleweed. In this day and age, where the most innocuous shite is photographed from 17 angles, and the hub can't get to see 1 pic.... Maybe Miway can post the photo of the damage. The OP definitely ain't going to.

Thanks

To date, communication from the Miway team, the claims representative and manager allocated to me is absolutely zero.

Concerning questions I've raised via email to the representative on the 9th of Nov is ignored and not replied to. The only feedback I so far received was on the 13th of Nov via the social media and nothing directly communicated to me (the paying customer)

The only information I have is from the 6th of Nov from the Rep via email that the frame will be repaired and it will take 14 to 18 days excluding shipping and assembly.

Currently, I have no idea where the frame is or condition or weight penalty due to repair or integrity of frame structure.

I'm not sure if this is Miway's business model and attitude towards there customers not to respond or to keep customers updated.

All I know is that these makeshift business (call centres) that popped up recently needs to be reviewed and eliminated?

I will post as soon as new information comes Miway. I hope this helps.

RIP

Tora Tora

21-04-2015 to 24-10-2015

Thanks

To date, communication from the Miway team, the claims representative and manager allocated to me is absolutely zero.

Concerning questions I've raised via email to the representative on the 9th of Nov is ignored and not replied to. The only feedback I so far received was on the 13th of Nov via the social media and nothing directly communicated to me (the paying customer)

The only information I have is from the 6th of Nov from the Rep via email that the frame will be repaired and it will take 14 to 18 days excluding shipping and assembly.

Currently, I have no idea where the frame is or condition or weight penalty due to repair or integrity of frame structure.

I'm not sure if this is Miway's business model and attitude towards there customers not to respond or to keep customers updated.

All I know is that these makeshift business (call centres) that popped up recently needs to be reviewed and eliminated?

RIP

Tora Tora

21-04-2015 to 24-10-2015

Did you take any pictures of the damage?

Thanks

Could you post the pictures of the damage ?

Thanks

RIP

Tora Tora

21-04-2015 to 24-10-2015

What does the policy wording say about repairing the frame?

• 1 month later...

I'm so glad I checked the forums before signing up with MiWay. Hello Cyclesure.

Based on your profile pic I'd confirm with Cyclesure that the bike you are insuring is indeed a DOWNHILL bike. That is used for riding DOWNHILL.

My mate changed from cyclesure after they told him they would no longer insure his DH bike for breakage.

Based on your profile pic I'd confirm with Cyclesure that the bike you are insuring is indeed a DOWNHILL bike. That is used for riding DOWNHILL.

My mate changed from cyclesure after they told him they would no longer insure his DH bike for breakage.

Yup, when I looked into insuring my bikes I saw that Cyclesure excluded DH bikes.

I went with Outsurance in stead and haven't had any hassles when claiming.

Thanks for the warning. I'm going to be doing XCO. I'm not sure who insures for DH - most exclude it.

I have a DH, endure, and 4X bike all insured with Outsurance. I also have R4200 worth of "Protective Gear" insured.

I've had 2 claims to date. Both on DH bikes. They paid me out no questions.

Play within the rules, and there should be no issues with Outsurance.

Only reason I recently moved some items away was because they simply couldnt come close to the premium I got from Momentum on a new car.  As in, not within R600 a month.

Archived