[Event] Absa Cape Epic

Absa Cape Epic

Pity. Enjoying the battle at the moment.

ja, but you could have enjoyed it so much more if.....

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ja, but you could have enjoyed it so much more if.....

Lets not go there... Its gone from a 7.5 /10 to a 4/10 now...

Lets not go there... Its gone from a 7.5 /10 to a 4/10 now...

Why, do you not enjoy the battle for stage wins?

Anything can happen on any day during the epic.. yes they have a good lead.. but one tricky mechanical or one fall..and that lead can get cut down very very fast

Or does Spitz not qualify as one of the best the sport has seen..

Why, do you not enjoy the battle for stage wins?

Anything can happen on any day during the epic.. yes they have a good lead.. but one tricky mechanical or one fall..and that lead can get cut down very very fast

It seems like everyone else is falling off, so SS can now manage the race from the front. Its more likely that a time penalty / wrong turn will bring things back to someone else magically coming good now, and thats just not a cool way for more excitement to be injected into the race, nor is falling or a technical. First prize is of course that someone else's legs come good overnight.

Guest notmyname

Shame, that's poor luck for Team Ascendis health. Guys and gals crumbling all over the show.

Shame, that's poor luck for Team Ascendis health. Guys and gals crumbling all over the show.

Yeah.. it seems that it's a very very tough epic this year

Lots of viruses (viri?) running amok in the Western Cape early in the season.  The weather might be a contributing factor.  Also, some people might have overtrained, taxing their body's defence systems too much.  All the dust on the trails is gonna cause lots of respiratory problems after a few days.

Particularly dry and dusty this year, think there's a big underestimation of how easily you can get an infection with all the dust.

It also seems like the ladies race was one of attrition up till now. Fullgas until someone breaks down.

It also seems like the ladies race was one of attrition up till now. Fullgas until someone breaks down.

Seems it can happen on any day without warning.

What a *** day for my supporting...my friend Teresa was cut off yesterday and is out , James Reid withdraws (good luck to him on his Olympic journey), and now Robyn and Jeannie are out of the race. 

On another note, I am a bit over hearing and reading about the "celebs" that do this race. So what Gary Kirsten, Michael Mol bla blah you were famous once...I would rather have tales of the real people who are tackling this great event, their training and journey to the Epic. 

What a *** day for my supporting...my friend Teresa was cut off yesterday and is out , James Reid withdraws (good luck to him on his Olympic journey), and now Robyn and Jeannie are out of the race. 

On another note, I am a bit over hearing and reading about the "celebs" that do this race. So what Gary Kirsten, Michael Mol bla blah you were famous once...I would rather have tales of the real people who are tackling this great event, their training and journey to the Epic. 

Fully agree on all accounts.

^This

I would love to hear the stories of the guys that had to run the last 20km because of...

-or-

The one guy that had to manufacture a handle bar out of a piece of wood

-or-

etc....

I must say if I read about Joel Stransky\John Smit\Colin Charvis\Mol\Kirsten\Hurter\Spiderman\Batman\Frodo riding the Epic again I am going to gooi op.

The only "celebrity" I track\follow is Riaan Manser.

Guest notmyname

^This

I would love to hear the stories of the guys that had to run the last 20km because of...

-or-

The one guy that had to manufacture a handle bar out of a piece of wood

-or-

etc....

I must say if I read about Joel Stransky\John Smit\Colin Charvis\Mol\Kirsten\Hurter\Spiderman\Batman\Frodo riding the Epic again I am going to gooi op.

The only "celebrity" I track\follow is Riaan Manser.

Don't knock Joel. I warn you because I was flamed and then stoned for saying I couldn't care about him and his washed up celebrity sport star tjoms.

I have to say I feel they are mentioning the celebs less this year than in previous years. Extremely happy about that to say the least

Archived