New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

What was the results here?

I don't know yet if I HAVE to do it, but I fear this will be the most difficult test in all this immigration thing for me to pass......  :wacko:  :mellow: I hate languages

Mate of mine (also an engineer) did the his NZ application without doing the IELTS exam. He just got his employer to write a letter stating that they do all their business in English & included a couple of work related emails. Get the okes at Maties to write you a letter stating that you did your course in English. Maybe a letter from your school too. Could potentially get away without writing the test and save a couple of gorillas in the process. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the results here?

I don't know yet if I HAVE to do it, but I fear this will be the most difficult test in all this immigration thing for me to pass......  :wacko:  :mellow: I hate languages

I was told by the immigration agent that we approached, it wouldn't be necessary for me to write the IELTS. Got a Higher Grade C in English in 1997. Not sure when you matriculated, but they have a cutoff. If you matriculate after this year, you are required to write the IELTS.

Sorry I don't have more info.

Too bad they didn't vote for the kiffff new flag

http://img.rasset.ie/000b7eeb-642.jpg

Reflects an underlying conservatism?

Too bad they didn't vote for the kiffff new flag

http://img.rasset.ie/000b7eeb-642.jpg

Reflects an underlying conservatism?

It reflects a few things:

* there was a lot of support for the old flag, due to general resistance to change, links to the UK, conservatism, and a whole lot of other reasons

* the new design is ****. It was chosen by a panel that did not include a single designer or expert in flags

* there was also resistance from some quarters because the project was perceived (mostly quite correctly) as a vanity project for John Key

I voted for the old flag because the new design is crap. I do support a new flag, but I hope when that comes one day, it is along with a new constitution as New Zealand becomes a republic.

Wasn't there a process to come up with the new flag? I seem to remember some other choices being floated.

I like the flag: strong colours, the red stars in the southern cross, ...

Hayley...my wife and I were having a chat last night about you.

We have compiled a list of all the stuff we would like to show you on your arrival.

Its all the things that blew us away when we got here. I hope you dont mind, but your first few months are going to be real busy from a social point of view.

Mr ramrod....if you stop going to whangarei every weekend the same offer applies!!!

Especially seeing as winter is rolling in fast. Its important to ignore the weather and go out and about anyway.

If i am overstepping my boundaries, tell me to piss off.

Sorry for only replying now but it has been a crazy couple of days with family. 

Thank you to you and J. Will deffo baby sit too while you take her on dates, don't worry... Haha. Don't know yet where they putting me for the 1st month, but I assume it will be close to work (hence close to you guys). 

I'm going to have to start moving with all the visa stuff soon. This stupid English thing has got me nervous. I'll get my matrix certificate ready (got a B for English HG), a letter from varsity maybe and a letter from work stating we for all our business in English. I hope that will work. 

Damn I look at places to rent again, I think I need a house mate.... There's nice places to rent that's worth it if one goes in 2 renters (4bed,2 bath etc) is cheaper than 2 bed 1 bath. 

Cars are expensive for what one gets I think, oh dear I'm going to miss my dad's perks at VW! Now I'll have to pay normal people's prices.. Hahaha 

Expected start date 7June. Let's see. 

Cars are expensive for what one gets I think, oh dear I'm going to miss my dad's perks at VW! Now I'll have to pay normal people's prices.. Hahaha 

Most people just buy cheap Japanese imports. Loads of dealers specialize in them, or you can find something on TradeMe. Turners are good if you want to buy on auction.

Wasn't there a process to come up with the new flag? I seem to remember some other choices being floated.

I like the flag: strong colours, the red stars in the southern cross, ...

Yep, anyone could make a submission. Then they narrowed it down and we voted on which one competed against the current flag.

I'm still disappointed that this one didn't make the cut...

post-817-0-84471400-1458846993_thumb.png

Most people just buy cheap Japanese imports. Loads of dealers specialize in them, or you can find something on TradeMe. Turners are good if you want to buy on auction.

Like my dad said last night.... "I don't think you'll ever be able to drive anything less than a 1.6l or something small like a hatch little car".... 

Oh boy I've been spoiled in SA regarding cheap good cars.