New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one of the uglies....

Asparagus Rolls!

Large_974.jpg

Basically it's a couple of asparagus stalks wrapped in a de-crusted slice of bread.

When I first saw these at our weekly morning tea, I asked a colleague what the heck they were. He said "asparagus rolls mate. It's a kiwi classic".

But yeah, our Wednesday morning the spread involves all sorts of delicious treats... and then asparagus rolls. Usually 90% of the food is gone within 30min. Now 90% of the asparagus rolls sit there for the remainder of the day, hahaha!

Disgusting - I think that’s an anti immigration ploy.... saying it’s a kiwi delicacy

Here's one of the uglies....

Asparagus Rolls!

Large_974.jpg

Basically it's a couple of asparagus stalks wrapped in a de-crusted slice of bread.

When I first saw these at our weekly morning tea, I asked a colleague what the heck they were. He said "asparagus rolls mate. It's a kiwi classic".

But yeah, our Wednesday morning the spread involves all sorts of delicious treats... and then asparagus rolls. Usually 90% of the food is gone within 30min. Now 90% of the asparagus rolls sit there for the remainder of the day, hahaha!

What?!? that looks flippen awesome, I love asparagus. 

No, not with ASB.

Well you can always just post me the card while I'm in SA and I can go draw your money out when I return to NZ.

I can then transfer it to Ramrods account in NZ and he can give you Rands. Or if you want the NZD I can get it to you some other way.

Well you can always just post me the card while I'm in SA and I can go draw your money out when I return to NZ.

I can then transfer it to Ramrods account in NZ and he can give you Rands. Or if you want the NZD I can get it to you some other way.

Well Thank you Hayley.

Sounds like a plan indeed.

I am busy with the bank at the moment so will be in touch

Appreciate this.

we are going to spoil that kid so much.

With time and not things I hope

Edit: :) 'smiley' wasn't added

Edited by hayleyearth

So.... Sooooo.....

It seems like I'll have a NZ citizen in my house from end of June next year ...not me though :D

Awesome, congrats. Will look forward to pics of your li'll shredder