Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Probably not. Your "qualify spend" is capped at R4000, which means you get a maximum of R1000(25% of R4000) back a month. So you will effectively only see a 10% cashback on your R10k.

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks, it does.

ahh fine print :(

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, it does.

ahh fine print :(

Yep, Vitality is very good in their fine print. 

Make it sound awesome in the headlines, and bring it down with the fineprint.

This is the first year since I started working that I am not on Vitality, all the hoops we need to jump through started to just become too much. Will revisit the decision at the end of the year.

Thanks, im looking at the 10k kickr, so does that mean i will get back 2500?

Some more fine print...

1. Is it just you on the Vitality policy, or other adult dependents?

2. Have you (AND other adult dependents, if any) completed the Vitality Age and Fitness Assessment?

15% discount if you’ve done the Vitality Age bit (all adult members on the policy).

25% discount if you’ve done the Fitness Assessment (all adult members on the policy).

Anyone know if you can use more than one Active rewards R100 Dis-chem voucher in a single transaction?

Anyone know if you can use more than one Active rewards R100 Dis-chem voucher in a single transaction?

You can use up to 4 vouchers in one transaction - you should be able to split your purchase into 2 if you want to use more than 4 vouchers.

Dischem told me there's no limit. I used 7 in 1 transaction with no issues.

I’ve done 10 x R100 and was told that’s the limit

Gymbooster question - when you have a "normal" Virgin Active membership you get 75% off your monthly fee, and then a further 25% off if you reach all your goals for the months with gymbooster.

According to the website , if you upgrade to a "premier" membership you get 60% off your monthly fee. But they don't mention anything about gymbooster? Do you still get another 25% off if you reach all your goals, bringing total discount to 85%? Or do you get another 40% discount, bringing your total discount to 100%?

Gymbooster question - when you have a "normal" Virgin Active membership you get 75% off your monthly fee, and then a further 25% off if you reach all your goals for the months with gymbooster.

According to the website , if you upgrade to a "premier" membership you get 60% off your monthly fee. But they don't mention anything about gymbooster? Do you still get another 25% off if you reach all your goals, bringing total discount to 85%? Or do you get another 40% discount, bringing your total discount to 100%?

Doesn't apply to premier memberships. It has been a point of contention for me since it came out. 

Doesn't apply to premier memberships. It has been a point of contention for me since it came out. 

:thumbdown:  damn

Does Vitality Purple not give you that with regard to the cash back and also the benefits the premier has?

Does Vitality Purple not give you that with regard to the cash back and also the benefits the premier has?

Hmmmm... lemme confirm, quickly. 

And... No, it doesn't. Still the same benefit, according to the paperwork. 

https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/vitality_news/purple_gym_benefit_guide.pdf

Vitality Purple members can continue using Gym Booster, but this only applies to Club/local memberships and not Virgin Active Premier or Collection Club, or Planet Fitness Platinum and National gyms.

Updated Nov 2018

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Can anyone help here:

I am the principal member and I currently have the shoe booster activated. When I did this I had to list the bank details for the cashback payments. 

Now my wife has activated her device booster but we have been unable to locate where she can input her bank details. Is that because it'll come into the account I listed as the principal member or are we just missing something?