Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

you get 100 discovery bucks plus plays on the game board. The newsletter states the following:

That should be fine unless the values on the gameboard reduce, which would not  be a surprise at all, given their track record in reducing VAR.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So ended up cancelling my Vitality. Liberating really.

Must say, their retentions department need to learn when to give up. Took an age cancelling because the gentleman could just not move on. But sir........(x50). Eventually I just said "Sorry, I have made my decision, please just cancel the policy now."

So ended up cancelling my Vitality. Liberating really.

Must say, their retentions department need to learn when to give up. Took an age cancelling because the gentleman could just not move on. But sir........(x50). Eventually I just said "Sorry, I have made my decision, please just cancel the policy now."

I'm one year ahead of you :), cancelled this time last year. Don't miss it at all.

I'm fitter than I've ever been. It's not that it held me back, but it was no benefit to my fitness anymore.

As has been said by many:this programme is meant to target the couch potatoes and get them active,and it is actually great at that, I think.

To be quite honest, two other items are the real reason I got active:

-947 corporate bond at work

-parkrun

Vitality had orders of magnitude less impact on getting me to where I am now.

Good on you for being able to see that it doesn't work for your set of circumstances anymore. Many others will just plod along and pay the fees to the benefit of those members who is able to work the system to benefit them completely. (Good on this last bunch as well ;) )

my weekend's rides are showing.  today's is half showing - on the main screen i've achieved my weekly goal, but when going on the vitality tab it shows not achieved.  guess the work is in progress still.

Can you cancel your Vitality and stay on the Discovery medical aid? I wanted to take a dependant off Vitality as he doesn't utilise it or gain any benefit from it but was told that the Vitality and medical aid are linked. So the only way you can remove someone from Vitality is to remove them from the medical aid. This doesn't sound right as I pay a seperate fee for Vitality membership on top of my medical aid fees. Anyone have a similar experience or did I speak to the wrong Disco consultant?

Can you cancel your Vitality and stay on the Discovery medical aid? I wanted to take a dependant off Vitality as he doesn't utilise it or gain any benefit from it but was told that the Vitality and medical aid are linked. So the only way you can remove someone from Vitality is to remove them from the medical aid. This doesn't sound right as I pay a seperate fee for Vitality membership on top of my medical aid fees. Anyone have a similar experience or did I speak to the wrong Disco consultant?

You can cancel your Vitality and still remain on the medical aid. You can also cancel a dependent on Vitality and remain on the medical aid scheme, you will just lose the benefits linked to the dependent. 

Edited by slickjay007

You can cancel your Vitality and still remain on the medical aid. You can also cancel a dependent on Vitality and remain on the medical aid scheme, you will just lose the benefits linked to the dependent. 

Thats what I thought, but the Disco/Vitality "Proffesional" informed me otherwise. Do you have experience of this as I'm trying to find something in the rules to back me up on my return call to them.

Yes you can, but you can't keep it on the membership and select who it applies to. It applies to all lives on the med aid.

Ah, ok,  so its all or nothing then. The whole family is a member of vitality or no one is.