Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I've collected 3 x smoothies and the 4th will be on Friday  :thumbup:

I've heard that next year one can even get free flights on Kalula  :clap:

yeah. For every weekly goal you achieve, you get an additional 5% off your ticket price (ex taxes) up to 100%, as long as you hit a min of 4 goals before your flight. I think  the flight has to be booked at least 2 months in advance or something though... But still. Just paying airport taxes?! Sign me up 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to MapMyFitness again - wanted to screenshot the process...but....my account has been de-linked.

WATAFARK discovery? But my workouts have somehow showed up on the app (Strava I think) BUT on the website it shows my Strava is de-linked. Attempting to re-link "Your account cannot be linked at the moment. Please come back and try again later."

Discovery, sort your excrete

The mapMyFitness app is USELESS. Uninstall now... 

One better....

dammit. one of the files too big to upload. Just gonna split it in 2 parts quickly. 

attachicon.gifdisc_vitality_disccard_sales_brochure_2016.pdf

Thanks much appreciated, not going to buy an apple watch as will stick with all my other fitness devices (garmin).  It does say that you can earn an apple watch for achieving goals... but does not say how?

Ya, am also liking local flights up to 100%... this retrospective as have already booked my flight through Discovery rewards for the Argus next year?

Thanks much appreciated, not going to buy an apple watch as will stick with all my other fitness devices (garmin).  It does say that you can earn an apple watch for achieving goals... but does not say how?

Ya, am also liking local flights up to 100%... this retrospective as have already booked my flight through Discovery rewards for the Argus next year?

You will also need an iPhone of course  :ph34r:

The mapMyFitness app is USELESS. Uninstall now... 

No app. The website. The only way Discovery allows my Suunto watch to upload... (okay, except via Strava...).

But why did they do away with direct connections?

It goes like this

Suunto watch > Movescount > MapMyFitness > Discovery

Yip, Don't know if I will ever go that route again....

Maybe if I get a really cool deal with lots of free stuff, yip then I will go over to iPhone again.

Nt retrospective, no. Not as far as I know, at least. I might be wrong though. 

As for the watch. 

You need a Disco credit card with R 6k available

You pay a R 350 activation fee

You get the watch

R 6k "0% interest loan" will be made on the card for a period of 2 years. R 6k sidelined, effectively (cost of the unit is R 6k)

Every month, the o/s value of the "loan" decreases by R 250

You pay (card is debited) according to how many goals you achieve in a given month:

0 goals: R 250 in that month

1 goal: R 175 in that month

2 goals: R 100 in that month

3 goals: R 50 in that month

4 goals: No payment in that month. 

The reason it's done as a loan on the card is just in case someone joins JUST to get the apple watch, and leaves after a month thinking they got a free watch. 

No app. The website. The only way Discovery allows my Suunto watch to upload... (okay, except via Strava...).

But why did they do away with direct connections?

It goes like this

Suunto watch > Movescount > MapMyFitness > Discovery

do it via Strava. The Mapmyfitness link is apparently wonky as hell, and doesn't share data very well. 

Yip, Don't know if I will ever go that route again....

Maybe if I get a really cool deal with lots of free stuff, yip then I will go over to iPhone again.

only thing that is tempting me on the iphone is the 3d touch... but then others are probably very close to that sort of functionality as well, and the screen to size ratio of the apple is just stupid. 

Nah, just carry on :)

Or if you're on Diamond / Gold level alreayd, just stop doing it. It only really gives you the smoothie / coffee for now. The real benefits start next year with the Apple Watch etc. But even then, you'll get up to 1,200 in no time at all. 

My wife gave me an iPhone in prep for this iWatch thing next year :P

Nt retrospective, no. Not as far as I know, at least. I might be wrong though. 

As for the watch. 

You need a Disco credit card with R 6k available

You pay a R 350 activation fee

You get the watch

R 6k "0% interest loan" will be made on the card for a period of 2 years. R 6k sidelined, effectively (cost of the unit is R 6k)

Every month, the o/s value of the "loan" decreases by R 250

You pay (card is debited) according to how many goals you achieve in a given month:

0 goals: R 250 in that month

1 goal: R 175 in that month

2 goals: R 100 in that month

3 goals: R 50 in that month

4 goals: No payment in that month. 

The reason it's done as a loan on the card is just in case someone joins JUST to get the apple watch, and leaves after a month thinking they got a free watch. 

Not retrospective sucks

Already have the Disco card

what the R350 fee for if already have the card?

Cool on understanding the goal v payoff

Will see what 3rd party apps around for iwatch and samsung connectivity (note 4 and S6).... else sell iwatch and get fenix 3  :ph34r:

I'm still on the original gym contract where you need to visit 36 times a year.

Hope they keep the terms as is and don't change it with the new year.

On another note as we now getting all these free drinks at Kauai that I have never tried... what's everyone's favourite?

Maybe just work down the menu till I find what I like :)