Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

BTW does this actually work?

I tried this for my ride yesterday. Delinked strava on disco and everything pulled through to garmin but i checked this morning and my activity is not in disco. Even though it says my garmin account was synced at 4am.

It was earlier this week... It's how my wife's data pulls through

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And today's ride emphasizes why this new scaling system is crap.

3h15m, 59km, 1200m, 154bpm. So, because my average heart rate was 79.38% of max, I would be be getting 300 lousy points, instead of 1500 points.

For goodness sake, I was climbing for 2 hours today.

Agreed.

I'm still pushing for a better scaling system. It's idiotic that base training runs and rides like this aren't counted. 

My ride from yesterday only showed this morning. Was showing as pending all day yesterday. Not sure if they have a new protocol to verify data.

As stated on your subsequent screenshot, they still allow time to upload additional workouts for the day which could give you a higher points tally for any of the days during that week. It should become final on Tuesday evening / Wednesday morning when they allocate rewards

I've used tapiriik to sync from Stava to Garmin for a few months.

1. Device comes up as "unknown"

2. Does take a while to get from GC to Disco.

My manual entries on Strava which I create when doing indoor cycling to log distance did sync to GC. This means the system could still be "gamed". Discovery said thy were only going to take data from authorised devices. I think they will exclude "unknown" from GC in the new rules.

My Strava rides were from a Suunto Ambit 3 and moved automatically from Movescount to Strava to GarminConnect. Still came up as "unknown".

I've used tapiriik to sync from Stava to Garmin for a few months.

1. Device comes up as "unknown"

2. Does take a while to get from GC to Disco.

My manual entries on Strava which I create when doing indoor cycling to log distance did sync to GC. This means the system could still be "gamed". Discovery said thy were only going to take data from authorised devices. I think they will exclude "unknown" from GC in the new rules.

My Strava rides were from a Suunto Ambit 3 and moved automatically from Movescount to Strava to GarminConnect. Still came up as "unknown".

I think GC will only show their own devices...dont know.

But my upload from strava on saturday (manual upload because i have a bryton) went to al my other platforms i sync to using tapiriik but it does not go from garmin to discovery.

Unlinked now and re-linked again from discovery. Maybe that works...

Why the vehemence though? They've always said (as have we, here) that the metrics are likely to change with the points allocations, as they got more data... It's still easier to get points than it was last year, and if anything the benefits themselves have improved.

I can understand people being angry.  I only get to change the contract once a year, they get to change it whenever they feel like it...

For me, though, it's more of the same.

I've been through this before.  I used to use their livingvitality (??) site that kept ignoring anything I uploaded.  I used to use polarpersonaltrainer 5+ years ago, that konked out.  And remember having to enter races through saactive?  That was terrible.  Discovery can't make up their mind.

So my change from Garmin > GC > Strava > Vitality to Garmin > GC > Vitality last week has been working fine  :thumbup:  so just carry on doing what I was doing  :ph34r:

yes but you are using a garmin device.

I think GC will only show their own devices...dont know.

But my upload from strava on saturday (manual upload because i have a bryton) went to al my other platforms i sync to using tapiriik but it does not go from garmin to discovery.

Unlinked now and re-linked again from discovery. Maybe that works...

Looks like the unlink relink worked, 3k points for saturday! and this is not using strava - discovery.

Looks like the unlink relink worked, 3k points for saturday! and this is not using strava - discovery.

Doing the same again, was also thinking they might exclude unknown devices, but lets see maybe mine will also coming right.

Do not feel I am cheating as I have Heart monitor etc. Just not Garmin.

So I am doing the exercise and the point system is not an issue as long as I get my workouts uploaded.

I had a workout on done on my Garmin, showed up on discovery but I did not get any points for it and nothing on my Rewards app, after sending them Screen shots of my Garmin workout they came back to me and said they do not give points for manually logged workouts - someone confused.

Doing the same again, was also thinking they might exclude unknown devices, but lets see maybe mine will also coming right.

Do not feel I am cheating as I have Heart monitor etc. Just not Garmin.

So I am doing the exercise and the point system is not an issue as long as I get my workouts uploaded.

Delinked and linked again and now it is working.

yes but you are using a garmin device.

That is true but with all the horror stories going around of delinking and relinking and changing not working I was hesitant to make changes.

anyone moved to momentum?

I have to ask... why!?

If you're choosing your insurer based on their rewards / wellness program, you're doing it wrong.

Yes, the discount in premiums if you're on private club is exceptional, but still.

Moving as a result of vitality changing the points allocations, when they specifically stipulated that they were liable to change as they learnt more, is a bit silly. Especially when it's STILL easier to get points than it was last year.