Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Myles...just curious.

So why dont you move and then give feedback with regard to whether was right decision for you?

I doubt whether anyone will move based purely on a vitality reward and gremlins in Discovery getting it right first time

Myles...just curious.

No worries. 

Just btw - that's also the type of client that I'd fire. The loyalty program / wellness benefit is separate to the cover. As a whole, yes - it makes it a better offering, just like Multiply makes Momentum's cover a better offering overall. But if someone wanted to move insurers based on Vitality / Multiply changing how they quantify fitness points allocations, and unless those changes make it completely impossible to get to Gold / Private Club, well then your priorities are in the wrong place. 

No worries. 

Just btw - that's also the type of client that I'd fire. The loyalty program / wellness benefit is separate to the cover. As a whole, yes - it makes it a better offering, just like Multiply makes Momentum's cover a better offering overall. But if someone wanted to move insurers based on Vitality / Multiply changing how they quantify fitness points allocations, and unless those changes make it completely impossible to get to Gold / Private Club, well then your priorities are in the wrong place. 

I have such a friend. Said friend became disillusioned with Multiply after said friend's coach started sporting Apple watch and drank free smoothies after group training sessions. Said friend is moving over on 1 April (Of all days!), risking waiting periods, re-joining fees at the gym etc, just NOT to suffer from FOMO!

PS: I hope the above was gender and sport neutral enough to protect the ignorant!

So why dont you move and then give feedback with regard to whether was right decision for you?

I doubt whether anyone will move based purely on a vitality reward and gremlins in Discovery getting it right first time

Because my wife would bilksem me it I tampered with Shyte she spends hours researching to find the best options for medical aid/ hospital cover etc for our family.

So I get a nice email and letter from Discovery this morning in which it states I can look forward to a healthy dividend payment at the end of the month on my Health Protector Plan and as am on diamond status I will be getting the maximum percentage back :clap: 

And this is on top of all the other benefits that I can get  :)

And now that everyone has an Aple watch they have changed the criteria to get points which means a whole bunch of people will have to start paying for their watches :-(

And now that everyone has an Aple watch they have changed the criteria to get points which means a whole bunch of people will have to start paying for their watches :-(

Sorry about that but.......

It was always a risk. Only accept the offer if you can afford to pay for the watch if you don't make the target. That way it's a bonus if Vitality pay for it and no biggie if you have to pay for it.

It just means that rather just doing one activity a week and get sufficient points... which was too easy for most you now have to do 2 or more activities/cycles a week to get it ... which is pushing you to become more active and healthy!!

I do not see the problem with this unless as I guess many saw a cheap way to get the apple watch without having to do much effort to get it

hopefully they will do a garmin fenix and/or 520 deal sooner than later.

If they bring out a Garmin Fenix or the next Forerunner Multisport Triathlon watch with Elevate (Wrist based HR reader) i will pounce on it no matter what the weekly goals are.

Come Myles speak to the people in the know there and tel them the Apple watch is for limited users where as the Garmin any phone system will be able to utilise it and therefore more people will take it.

Edited by ScottC-M

If they bring out a Garmin Fenix or the next Forerunner Multisport Triathlon watch with Elevate (Wrist based HR reader) i will pounce on it no matter what the weekly goals are.

Come Myles speak to the people in the know there and tel them the Apple watch is for limited users where as the Garmin any phone system will be able to utilise it and therefore more people will take it.

They know... Trust me, they know... Thing is, they've got a data sharing agreement with Apple, so for that side of things it's like gold dust. 

Garmin would probably be a bit more difficult to get data agreements from, I presume. 

They know... Trust me, they know... Thing is, they've got a data sharing agreement with Apple, so for that side of things it's like gold dust. 

Garmin would probably be a bit more difficult to get data agreements from, I presume. 

So they sold their souls to the devil and now we are paying for it.

I would even apply for the credit card...so they would still score.

I was chatting to someone in the know over the weekend - supposedly Discovery wanted a monthly 'fee' from Suunto, which they refused to pay.

Polar and Garmin however didn't. 

Makes you wonder... 

+1