Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

reading some of the responses on various social media platforms...people are complaining about not being about to reach their goals...

my goal per week is 650 points...I dont even have to ride my bike to achieve this...if i do 3 x 5 km walks per week...my avg speed is 6.6 km/hr...i get 300 points...i go for a spin around the block and get 600 points.

could it be that when people fill out the assessment they make out that they are super fit and get a high score for fitness then their goals are high.

when i filled mine out...it comes back that i am a super unfit stressed out 70 year old...with other medical issues ;)

erm, no. You're paying for something that you wanted - an apple watch, interest free, over 2 years. 

the catch is not the interest free watch...it is the interest and fees you gona be paying on a credit card that you didnt really need with a R10 000+ credit limit and all the money they will make on the data transfer and fees they charge the shops.

yeah i know you gona say but you should be running up to the R10 000 credit limit...well a tight month and bang they got you...i dont have the watch or the credit card but i talk from experience from other credit cards.

they know the repayments are safe because they will just debit the credit card...any way you look at it they win hands down.

erm, no. You're paying for something that you wanted - an apple watch, interest free, over 2 years. 

not what i meant...i meant because they have this deal with apple they wont be able to offer any other devices...soon hence why we that want something other than apple crap cannot get it through them.

reading some of the responses on various social media platforms...people are complaining about not being about to reach their goals...

my goal per week is 650 points...I dont even have to ride my bike to achieve this...if i do 3 x 5 km walks per week...my avg speed is 6.6 km/hr...i get 300 points...i go for a spin around the block and get 600 points.

could it be that when people fill out the assessment they make out that they are super fit and get a high score for fitness then their goals are high.

when i filled mine out...it comes back that i am a super unfit stressed out 70 year old...with other medical issues ;)

People are complaining because the goals have changed.  Come April the 2nd, you can do a 3 hour cycle at 30km's per hour and you will only get 100 points if you do not have a heart rate monitor.

I am also on 650 points and its been easy to get and I agree, maybe a little too easy (i.e I can get 300 points for a 20 min walk).  The problem is that they didn't adjust it slightly, that made a huge adjustment. 

As I don't have an HR, I would have to exercise 7 days a week to make my current goal !  This is not achievable for me with work and family responsibilities. 

But, I've kept pretty quite so far as they said they will readjust the goals.  Will be interesting to see what my new goal is.

the catch is not the interest free watch...it is the interest and fees you gona be paying on a credit card that you didnt really need with a R10 000+ credit limit and all the money they will make on the data transfer and fees they charge the shops.

yeah i know you gona say but you should be running up to the R10 000 credit limit...well a tight month and bang they got you...i dont have the watch or the credit card but i talk from experience from other credit cards.

they know the repayments are safe because they will just debit the credit card...any way you look at it they win hands down.

if you got the credit card just for the watch, and didn't take the additional fees into consideration, well then you can't blame Discovery, can you. 

not what i meant...i meant because they have this deal with apple they wont be able to offer any other devices...soon hence why we that want something other than apple crap cannot get it through them.

fair enough. But still. It's not a decision that's forced on you. If you want it, it's there. 

fair enough. But still. It's not a decision that's forced on you. If you want it, it's there. 

ok

if you got the credit card just for the watch, and didn't take the additional fees into consideration, well then you can't blame Discovery, can you. 

I almost went for this deal and yes i would have had to get the credit card to qualify...lucky for me the wise person in our house who hates apple...smacked my fingers with the ruler when i mentioned apple watch and credit card in the same sentence ;)

she can cut my finger off if they offer the fenix and 520 in a deal...and yes i would take the credit card with the additional fees...and they can bump my points up another 1000 points so long as they throw in a heart rate monitor in the deal.

Edited by isetech

I almost went for this deal and yes i would have had to get the credit card to qualify...lucky for me the wise person in our house who hates apple...smacked my fingers with the ruler when i mentioned apple watch and credit card in the same sentence ;)

she can cut my finger off if they offer the fenix and 520 in a deal...and yes i would take the credit card with the additional fees...and they can bump my points up another 1000 points so long as they throw in a heart rate monitor in the deal.

Boetie, if they offered a Fenix 3 and/or a 520, i would sign up faster than Wayde v Niekerk

The first week I started, I used my heart rate monitor during a few Crossfit sessions and my points went up to 1200 and now(after April), its going to be a tad more difficult than 2 crossfit sessions in a week.

The first week I started, I used my heart rate monitor during a few Crossfit sessions and my points went up to 1200 and now(after April), its going to be a tad more difficult than 2 crossfit sessions in a week.

I have been on 1200 from day 1... now with a broken collar bone, I can only to light to medium spinning for the next 6 weeks... if am lucky might get 300 points on one of those sessions... does it matter?.. NO.... as have already reached gold for the year and I took advantage when there were easy points on offer.. and that is my main aim every year to get to gold.

So what, I miss out on a few smoothies... at least the sun is shining and am still breathing!!

I just want to earn my smoothie points oh and train for it, the incentive is nice. Have already reached gold/diamond status nearly a month ago, better half has signed up on the i-watch, achieving the weekly goals is not an issue for better half (super fit, super busy, super training), has got the toys required to make the weekly goal.

I on the other hand do not have all the toys, I have HRM belt (suunto), linked to the wattbike (train at VA). Strava was my friend, now Disco is divorcing my friend and I am at a loss with regards to route to follow to ensure that I can still get my points (for my smoothie ;-)) after April 2nd. 

Frankly I do not have the money to dole out buy another HRM, or HRM-GPS system. So now I will just be smoothi-less. It frustrates me, because I like discovery and like their products, I like the training and I did like the smoothie reward. What I do not like is having to buy more toys in order to have a recognised device which will capture heart rate etc. I feel being co-opted, I know I can choose not to buy another device. 

Guess I will just have to buy my smoothies... and not be "rewarded" oh well *sigh*

Edited by Cargyrl

Guess I have been very lucky, zero issues with GC and Disco.

Points have been at 1200 since the start and I don't fear this with the change, my weekly training of 4-5 activities wil get me there easily.

If those concerned about the change, and if you only doing 1 activity a week then you should even be on vitality in the first place.

I read a few of the comments on Facebook lastnight and it's shocking how rude people can be. You have a choice, stay active and get fit and a free smoothie or just be a couch potatoe and get fat and lazy

Did this ride on Sunday, discovery gave me 350 points, had HR monitor on. It is on garmin connect.

:/

Well that's because it seems like your Garmin dropped your HR a third in and you ended up with a nice and calm 117 average. Sunday cruise, what are you even on about mate, 350 points seem accurate :P