Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

@ GeraldM24 - I have not sent anything to Vitality yet.

Prodding the Hub brains for opinions first :-)

Activity was Mon & Wed of this week.

Edited by A Jay

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Myles.

Did this "dropping" of S Health happen this week because Saturdays points were allocated for a moderate workout (300)

Friday 1st should have been the last day for S Health (and strava etc) support, but they were having a few hangover issues. So you shouldn't have received 300 for that one. 

So, my garmin was linked / authorised with discovery but not updating or even giving the option to sync.

Went through process of de-linking garmin, as suggested, both on disco site and garmin site.

Then tried to re-link garmin to disco app and repeatedly getting an error "could not complete link".

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...........................this is infuriating

#FAILvitality

#FAILdiscovery

I also seem to have received a smoothie for achieving 200 points (goal = 300), which i earned by walking 10,000 STEPS TWICE over the weekend?????  Completely and utterly mystified how i earned the walking points.  

A friend of mine gets point for walking - he has a Iphone that automatically syncs.

A friend of mine gets point for walking - he has a Iphone that automatically syncs.

Zuma and Mbete

Discovery and Apple

Who cares about the rest?

:ph34r:

Just to check a possible typo on Vitality's points, do adults each score 2000 points once a year for a dental check-up, or is it only for kids under 18? Vitality guide says both, my broker says kids only.

Just to check a possible typo on Vitality's points, do adults each score 2000 points once a year for a dental check-up, or is it only for kids under 18? Vitality guide says both, my broker says kids only.

Adults as well.

Wife scored those points after a recent visit to the dentist

Both.

Hi sorry not been following this page much but want to know if I buy a tomtom cardio watch with the heart rate on the wrist will I be able to sync it to discovery or must I rather look at getting a polar or garmin device.

You have to buy and link Tom Tom before the 18 March, or wait until they get the interface working between the two (there was mumblings about june / july).

No Trailseeker events listed. That kinda sucks big time, maybe the race organisers must inflate a BIG ASS apple to be recognised. Vitality can just go and blow bubbles.

They have the Knysna forest marathon, but not the Knysna MTB or Road race in July. 

They are missing the majority of the events I do.   Will just have to rely in my garmin for things like Berg and Bush (will probably get more points anyway as previously they only awarded for 1 of the 3 days.

sounds like you need a new broker- send Myles a pm.