Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I don't at least use Vitality for a cheap flight or something this year I will can it. So far it's a waste of money. Never used a single feature that it offers in the almost 18 months I have been on it.

If I don't at least use Vitality for a cheap flight or something this year I will can it. So far it's a waste of money. Never used a single feature that it offers in the almost 18 months I have been on it.

Do you shop at WW Or PNP? Sportsmans, dischem, clicks?

Any of those would ensure you get more than the original premium back every month.

Drop me a mail with your contact details and we can talk. Considering your dietary habits you should be getting more than the average person...

got 3000 points for yesterdays vigorous 210mins ride...

my 4hr ride has not been picked up by dicovery vitality yet.??

used to take few minutes before 2nd April.

any ideas

Me and my wife did a 115km ride yesterday, she wore a garmin with hrm, avg 115bpm, and she only got 100 points. Can someone pls explain to me how a 5h ride give you the same points than a 30min workout/ gym swipe??????

Me and my wife did a 115km ride yesterday, she wore a garmin with hrm, avg 115bpm, and she only got 100 points. Can someone pls explain to me how a 5h ride give you the same points than a 30min workout/ gym swipe??????

Because you need to average at least 70% of your age-rated max HR to get to the "moderate" level and at least 80% to get to Vigorous. 

Otherwise, you limit yourself to 100 points.

Yes, yes.. There is an immense amount of feedback going their way by the official channels, and they will most likely change this current allocation to  one that is more relevant and is better for longer workouts. 

Because you need to average at least 70% of your age-rated max HR to get to the "moderate" level and at least 80% to get to Vigorous.

And that is one of the reasons why I am thinking of de-linking, and just ride to enjoy instead of stacking points. Personally i wouls suggest that they stop the smoothies ect,add more devices like garmins instead of just apple watches.

Otherwise, you limit yourself to 100 points.

Yes, yes.. There is an immense amount of feedback going their way by the official channels, and they will most likely change this current allocation to one that is more relevant and is better for longer workouts.

Only got 1500 points today - rode too fast and didn't get to ride at Vitality's 80% of max for 210 mins.

Ended the time on 206 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only got 1500 points today - rode too fast and didn't get to ride at Vitality's 80% of max for 210 mins.

Ended the time on 206 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also only got 1500. But, are we not due 3000 points for completing a Discovery "approved" race?

Edit: suppose it makes no difference seeing as everyone is maxed out on fitness points.

Edited by Harryn

Also only got 1500... guess will be on 500 vitality goal next week!

Edited by shaper

Did Emperors as well, got 300 measly points ( don't really care, maxed out) Rode at 79.89% of MHR for just over 2.5 hours. Ridiculous.

Edit: See it has now changed to 50-99km cycle for 600 points. Only half-ridiculous now

Edited by Craai

1500 points for me today from Emperors, 150-209min - vigorous workout.

Not being used to the JHB altitude, my HR is always high. Avg HR 167 for 2h42

I am still on 300 for this week, so will expect an increase for the coming week