Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Here's my HR, Elevation & Speed data. you can see where the "resting" occurred. For info, the resting wasn't resting per se, as we were constantly moving with the bikes as the queue progressed, and the soil was a bit challenging to keep your footing on... Freshly cut trail about a foot wide on the side of a mountain. So balance was a bit important. 

post-3056-0-88422200-1463473205_thumb.png

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmmm....what now.....this does not quite make sense....either you paused the unit.....or your heat rate stayed elevated for that period.....alternatively you were operating at very high percentages to get that hour of standing around to let it balance itself out at 84 %........

oh - my HR recovers pretty quickly if I actually stop doing anything and just sit down and regulate it consciously. If I carry on doing stuff, it doesn't. So while there was "rest" it was more along the lines of active recovery. 

And are you in danger?

You're living dangerously!! I urge caution. Contact a Google expert on HR asap.

Danger, danger - high voltage...

Nope. Can't say I am. That it recovers pretty darn quickly from those extensive periods of high HR is good enough for me. If it stayed up there while I was resting - that would be a different problem.

D-A-N-G-E-R

From the movie Inside Out.

d9348b54f7f89a02cf19a91a811af8ff.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dROx9Djr7mk

oh - my HR recovers pretty quickly if I actually stop doing anything and just sit down and regulate it consciously. If I carry on doing stuff, it doesn't. So while there was "rest" it was more along the lines of active recovery.

Here is a ride I did at Meerendal averaging 20kph so I was going fast for me and I barely averaged 80%. My HR is up and down like a bugger but I also recover quickly. It makes the average difficult to maintain if I do slower, steadier rides. Guess it's that we're all different thing again.

post-17362-0-14327500-1463473713_thumb.png

Edited by Thor Buttox

MapMyFitness not a supported device since April 2 according to https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-fitness-devices-apps

Only Polar, Garmin, Apple watch and Samsung Watch are accepted for heart rate.

Why not switch your Garmin on when on cycleops?

Assuming you have one.

I have the bluetooth one, so it only talks to one device at a time. My Suunto still uploads through mapmyfitness so was hoping that would work too. Im sure I can manually export rides to Garmin connect though so will check that out.

You can't isolate one or two races and apply it all round to everyone.....if people go at that rate 3-4 times a week they will burn out.......that is what the google experts will tell you......The Mitty's of the world....the mid pack ski-instructors......the nobodies....the legends in their own lunch tins.......but the real Pro athletes and their coaches do things a little different.......

Shame, shop must be empty again. Keep trying. 

Shame, shop must be empty again. Keep trying. 

It's called a lab.......that's what we do here when we test athletes here at T.U.T.

Troll.......

There was a definite ssue last week with the syncing in some instances. 

Looking at your speeds and ascent in conjunction with your heart rate.....it's really slow (not to be rude) your heart could be ticking super quick and naturally so.....or you are extremely unfit.....your recovery is also the norm.......

Looking at your speeds and ascent in conjunction with your heart rate.....it's really slow (not to be rude) your heart could be ticking super quick and naturally so.....or you are extremely unfit.....your recovery is also the norm.......

nah bro, I'm slow. I know I am. And I rev high-ish. Recovery used to be better, but stress. 

LOL. In that case, no. My points haven't carried through yet... 

EDIT: Just checked GC, and Vitality had about 8 "read" permissions loaded, so there must have been a bug in the system somewhere. De-linked all of them and re-linked again. Should upload tonight. 

I don't undertand this issue, my data uploads almost immediately. been struggling to get my wifes' data to update since Sunday

Will de-link again tonight

It's called a lab.......that's what we do here when we test athletes here at T.U.T.

Troll.......

T.U.T for T.A.T?

Stop calling people trolls. Be lekke.  ;)

T.U.T for T.A.T?

Stop calling people trolls. Be lekke.  ;)

How many times did you read where I called people trolls ?

Don't be that guy........be lekker....your tommie can stand his own man.....

One of my two weekend activities synced to Vitality during the course of the day yesterday. The other one not. Fortunately it was the 3h+ run that uploaded! 

Off to Comrades Seabee........