Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Yes so every time they feel like changing the rules are you going to buy another device and incur more debt? Somewhere in these 261 pages was a device that was recommended by Discovery but now is no longer supported, so that was a waste on money. I see no refunds there!!!  

Did you have a device like that ?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a confusing article from our resident anti-unhappy activist.......

How does that work......"no penalties"......"but".....

Discovery Vitality has since said this: "Members can apply for the formal exceptions process by e-mailing vitalityreview@discovery.co.za with valid reasons why they can no longer participate in Vitality Active Rewards with Apple Watch."

Reasons could include a change to the member's health or fitness, or "due to the rules changes impacting their exercise regime in a manner that they are unable to accept".

A review committee will consider either cancelling or pausing their Apple Watch benefit - no penalties will be charged but, in the case of cancellation, what's still owing on the watch will have to be paid.

As disco keeps moving the goal post... they will probably have to pay back the money for all the free smoothies they had too  :whistling:

Yes, but you can still get to gold VERY easily even if you only get 100 points per session. We did it in years past, no?

There are 2 sides of the points here:

1 is to get to gold - I agree with your statement

2 is to get weekly goals and rewards, smoothies are nice but I am more interested in getting my gym membership money back

The problem with point 2 is based on how they are generated, but more importantly why do they never come down?

Myles....that has penalty written all over it.....

But a "penalty" would imply paying something over and above what you should reasonably be expected to pay for the device... If you've "paid" 3 months out of a 24 month 0% interest credit agreement, the remaining 21 months having to be paid due to cancelling the contract isn't a penalty. It's paying the remaining instalments. 

It's not like a gym contract where you're not going to get any use out of the thing in the future - it's more like the cancellation or early payment of a hire purchase agreement of cellphone contract, where you pay the outstanding capital value of the article itself. 

Did you have a device like that ?

No I did not but someone in this thread did hence why I am skeptical to take on debt only to find the device null and void. The fact that people are battling with Suunto is a concern. Hell even these Fitbit things are useless.

I actually have a Samsung Gear Fit watch. It records my HR while I cycle but does not sync this info to S-Health which is an approved APP. Then my cycle gets recorded as steps on Discovery which is useless.

But a "penalty" would imply paying something over and above what you should reasonably be expected to pay for the device... If you've "paid" 3 months out of a 24 month 0% interest credit agreement, the remaining 21 months having to be paid due to cancelling the contract isn't a penalty. It's paying the remaining instalments. 

It's not like a gym contract where you're not going to get any use out of the thing in the future - it's more like the cancellation or early payment of a hire purchase agreement of cellphone contract, where you pay the outstanding capital value of the article itself. 

Getting suckered in to a deal......especially by a move to be considered illegal by the consumer protection act......and them not taking back their product and allowing you to walk away with no financial implications.....penalty by my boere logic......

You are trying way too hard pal......is the little booth feeling a bit claustrophobic ?

But just to fill you in........he did subsequently say that he did have one and it;'s not on the approved list anymore........he has a point......I would also be pissed if I was him......

Wow, you know my name. That must have exercised your brain. Pity it doesn't extend to reading and comprehending what people post. He NEVER said he had a HRM. EVER.

No I did not but someone in this thread did hence why I am skeptical to take on debt only to find the device null and void. The fact that people are battling with Suunto is a concern. Hell even these Fitbit things are useless.

I actually have a Samsung Gear Fit watch. It records my HR while I cycle but does not sync this info to S-Health which is an approved APP. Then my cycle gets recorded as steps on Discovery which is useless.

But then in all fairness.....why are you debating this ?

Many other members have gone and bought heart monitors to be able to partake in the program......regardless of the shifted goalposts.......

Wow, you know my name. That must have exercised your brain. Pity it doesn't extend to reading and comprehending what people post. He NEVER said he had a HRM. EVER.

Where....what and how ?

Are you purposely now just making random statement and comments to bait ?

Read further discussions between Rad and myself.......instead of trying to constantly make comments about what a pea brain I have.......

Where....what and how ?

Are you purposely now just making random statement and comments to bait ?

Read further discussions between Rad and myself.......instead of trying to constantly make comments about what a pea brain I have.......

In Rob's defence, Rad did actually say he never had and never would want a device... :)

In Rob's defence, Rad did actually say he never had and never would want a device... :)

Rob.....now I know his name.....I guess that's ground for defence in constantly trying to belittle another poster.......the hub has changed......did you perhaps miss the post where I mentioned "sorry if I have missed it.....do you have a heart monitor"......

Edited by BarHugger

Rob.....now I know his name.....I guess that's ground for defence in constantly trying to belittle another poster.......the hub has changed......did you perhaps miss the post where I mentioned "sorry if I have missed it.....do you have a heart monitor"......

Nope, I didn't. And that's the one I initially responded to, saying he said he didn't. 

Target remained at 700. Cradle spin + JUMA = plenty points.

Is 700 the cap? Mine's been there for the past fortnight but seemed to be at 600 for ever - even after accumulating 1500-1800 points in successive weeks...

Is 700 the cap? Mine's been there for the past fortnight but seemed to be at 600 for ever - even after accumulating 1500-1800 points in successive weeks...

Apparently the cap will be 1200 once all the changes are finalized. Myles can confirm.

Apparently the cap will be 1200 once all the changes are finalized. Myles can confirm.

Yes, 1,200 is still going to be the soft cap. But I reckon they're prolonging the increase a little.