Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

As for the dreadmill - 20 min limits are mostly during peak times. If there's no one there or waiting, carry on. 

We all have daytime jobs so we only get to go to gym in peak time.

Argument not valid for this conversation. :whistling:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the boredom that make me wonder......it's an hour of running.......

I just can't do that. I can do an hour of run walk shuffle interspersed with gasp, pant, wheeze and finally kerflump, but not a full hour of running. No way Jose'

JURA trail run on Sat... ran the 12km in 82minutes, wife in 95minutes... 300 points for me, 600points for her.

Guess I should have done an 8 minute warm down, but man the Carb tent was calling  :blush:

Schoolboy error, just leave it running while pouring the 1st one down the hatch :eek:

Schoolboy error, just leave it running while pouring the 1st one down the hatch :eek:

But then my average heart rate will drop below 70% and I'll only get 100 points  :P

What do you guys that are constantly griping about the same thing want? Do you really believe Disco will pony up, come on here and apologise to you if you're persistent enough to go on and on and on and on and on.... about the heart rate zones and points allocated to these? Or are you wanting Myles to do that on Disco's behalf???? 

The purpose of this thread was to be helpful about Disco's offerings. You have stated your point, it's been addressed multiple times and yet you still keep harping on about the same thing over and over. The system is not perfect, not by a long shot, but it's a benefit that costs no extra money down to join, from the premiums already in place and the rewards mean you get something back! Subscribe or don't subscribe. Those are the choices. And yes, the crew that took up the watch offering should feel bleak that the parameters have changed, but if the watch payment is that important to you to avoid, than do the necessary training, which is not impossible to accomplish! 

No....and no again......this is The Hub....where we discuss stuff....pass the day and share opinions......do you really think they would listen to Myles when they can't even listen to hundreds of unhappy members......kom nou ou maat.....ons is mos almal mos bietjie slimmer as dit....

The purpose of the thread.....it was initially a question about joining the club and whether it would include PPA events.....it has since spiralled in to all things pertaining to Vitality.....even the unpleasantries.......

In order for me to recover a R3000 heart rate monitor will take 2yrs worth of gym refunds so its not happening.

We point out all the issues to make the system perfect but Discovery sit on their ass and do nothing!

Surely the whole point is to be active, not how many points you can get per activity?

Ie if you do 3 exercises a week well done you get a reward???

This threshold rubbish is exactly rubbish, 30 mins vs a couple hours, not to mention terrain vs average speeds required, they do not add up.

I would love to force one of these decision makers to complete some of our activities and then report back after almost having a heart attack how many points its actually worth to them...

In order for me to recover a R3000 heart rate monitor will take 2yrs worth of gym refunds so its not happening.

We point out all the issues to make the system perfect but Discovery sit on their ass and do nothing!

Surely the whole point is to be active, not how many points you can get per activity?

Ie if you do 3 exercises a week well done you get a reward???

This threshold rubbish is exactly rubbish, 30 mins vs a couple hours, not to mention terrain vs average speeds required, they do not add up.

I would love to force one of these decision makers to complete some of our activities and then report back after almost having a heart attack how many points its actually worth to them...

Sorry Rad if I missed it......do you have a heart rate monitor ?

But then my average heart rate will drop below 70% and I'll only get 100 points  :P

Here's a hack for you. Leave the HR monitor on, and remove the strap. Came across this by accident when I forgot to stop my Garmin Fenix 3 after a cadence session. I removed the HR strap to clean it, showered and when I wanted to look at what time it is, my watch was still running. I got 300 points instead of 100.

Since then if I am within a few minutes of a goal, I remove the HR strap and stop my workout on 91 minutes instead of 89.

You can say what you like about Discovery but 260 PAGES of social media commentary on SA's leading bicycle website is...well...PRICELESS.

You can say what you like about Discovery but 260 PAGES of social media commentary on SA's leading bicycle website is...well...PRICELESS.

Or you can just add that membership is not compulsory. Even if your company is on Discovery medical aid, Vitality is optional.

Here's a hack for you. Leave the HR monitor on, and remove the strap. Came across this by accident when I forgot to stop my Garmin Fenix 3 after a cadence session. I removed the HR strap to clean it, showered and when I wanted to look at what time it is, my watch was still running. I got 300 points instead of 100.

Since then if I am within a few minutes of a goal, I remove the HR strap and stop my workout on 91 minutes instead of 89.

Apple watch reads off the wrist... but I'll tell my wife about the trick  :D