Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I've got version from 8/7/16. Can upload it onto google drive or dropbox for you.

Thanks, I found something, it seems to work.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trans baviaans on saturday, 12 hours @ less than 70% HR< so earned a well deserved 100 points..

Hmmmm.

My Garmin wouldn't start up, so apart from riding with no data, I don't get a smoothie  :thumbdown:

I hope that I get something from the manual submission method.

Edit: 3000 points awarded  :thumbup:

Edited by splat

Has anyone here used a Polar Loop with HRM to accumulate Vitality points for exercise? Not talking only about the step data, but also the up to 3000 points per session for exercise data coupled to heart rate.

What about the Garmin Vivofit? Will that also do it?

Thanks

Any feedback from anybody using a Polar Loop 1 or 2?

so they have pretty much reverted to the old claim method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my points have also updated after i submitted my race results from sun city race got 300 points polar upload change to 1500 race results web upload

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First week on the high performance category and I racked up 1950 points. I did have a busy week on the bike though but for me this still seems to be the easier of the 2 options.

First week on the high performance category and I racked up 1950 points. I did have a busy week on the bike though but for me this still seems to be the easier of the 2 options.

I'm staying on the normal one, at least while it's still 900 points and achievable by:

3x 60 min sessions, or

3x 30 min sessions, or

1x 60 min session and 6 gym card swipes (when ill or in a recovery week).

You can be my Guinea-pig [emoji38]

I'm staying on the normal one, at least while it's still 900 points and achievable by:

3x 60 min sessions, or

3x 30 min sessions, or

1x 60 min session and 6 gym card swipes (when ill or in a recovery week).

You can be my Guinea-pig [emoji38]

^^^^ This, especially item 3 and is why I will also be staying on the normal one

I've got version from 8/7/16. Can upload it onto google drive or dropbox for you.

I've downloaded this app onto my phone and try to install in with AIO File Manager. When I try to install it, it just says app not installed. Using Android. Do you have another way of installing this app. I can't log into Discovery with the latest version. Can you maybe send me the APK file.

Edited by webs

Unfair / stupid Question for Discovery guru aka Myles:

If i book my Argus flight today, and between now and the date of the flight, I meet all my weekly goals - Will I fly for free?

Random allocation of the day... 

Last run of last week - 6kms at 155bpm (over 80% according to disco) = 300 points

Wanderers 21kms at 161bpm (only at 70% now according to Disco) = 300 points

The second run was further, faster and at a higher bpm - yet got allocated lower effort level  :huh:

Did they change their heart rate calc between Thurs and Sunday? 

Still debating which program to run with... but for now I'm happy enough as I'm hitting my goals pretty easily. And loving not having to work with an Apple Watch anymore  :whistling:

Unfair / stupid Question for Discovery guru aka Myles:

If i book my Argus flight today, and between now and the date of the flight, I meet all my weekly goals - Will I fly for free?

I would say no. Hasn't been launched yet. Edited by Myles Mayhew

Random allocation of the day... 

Last run of last week - 6kms at 155bpm (over 80% according to disco) = 300 points

Wanderers 21kms at 161bpm (only at 70% now according to Disco) = 300 points

The second run was further, faster and at a higher bpm - yet got allocated lower effort level  :huh:

Did they change their heart rate calc between Thurs and Sunday? 

Still debating which program to run with... but for now I'm happy enough as I'm hitting my goals pretty easily. And loving not having to work with an Apple Watch anymore  :whistling:

No change to points table.

What they now do is work from the bottom up and as soon as you qualify for maximum points the calculation stops and you get the points from the first qualifying event.

I would assume your 1st run was less than 60 minutes but over 30 mins. Hence 300 points for 80%.

Your second run was over 60 minutes AND over 70% so you get 300 points for 70% although you were over 80%. There is no category for over 60 minutes at 80%.

I've downloaded this app onto my phone and try to install in with AIO File Manager. When I try to install it, it just says app not installed. Using Android. Do you have another way of installing this app. I can't log into Discovery with the latest version. Can you maybe send me the APK file.

On my BlackBerry 10 OS I just run the file from file manager but BB is not pure Android, I've had to get creative but the file APK is an android app.

I loaded the July version of the file here for you: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B90WN1JsDuzURDFZT09wNm9nMjA/view?usp=sharing

Something thought I'd share, I have been battling with this Samsung phone S Health App, the heart rate monitor always disconnects when the phone screen hibernates. Anyway, I found that pushing the LOCK button on the App prevents this. Made my day, I have lost many sessions because of this.

post-9767-0-00062800-1472568396_thumb.jpg