Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

App is installed, no notifications forthcoming.

Checked just now, getting max 300 points per workout, even for an 5:30 effort.

300 points max for a workout is correct as they restructured the system a while back. The only way to bank more points is to do an event that is longer in distance and then submit the results to them on the Vitality site if it is not already on their system. Got 600 points automatically for the Satellite Classic(80km) this weekend. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the majority of the people here just do the minimum to reach the weekly awards so much so that they have to worry about whether a single workout syncs or not with Discovery?

Doesn't help matters when not one workout syncs. Its got nothing to do with doing minimum workouts.

300 points max for a workout is correct as they restructured the system a while back. The only way to bank more points is to do an event that is longer in distance and then submit the results to them on the Vitality site if it is not already on their system. Got 600 points automatically for the Satellite Classic(80km) this weekend. 

That's not the "only way". You can also go for the endurance athlete option. Then you can get more per workout for longer workouts, should you want to. But then the target is also higher. 

Do the majority of the people here just do the minimum to reach the weekly awards so much so that they have to worry about whether a single workout syncs or not with Discovery?

I hit the goal every week an then some. With my team I score 2 freebies a week which is cool. There is such a thing as a free smoothie ;)

I hit the goal every week an then some. With my team I score 2 freebies a week which is cool. There is such a thing as a free smoothie ;)

Am also the same and usually hit the points by Tuesday at the latest!

Anyone know of an app or program which can 'crop' workouts?

Want to edit out the low HR portions of my workouts to hit the 80%.

why would u want to do this? aamoi?

Surely not for a smoothie?

I hardly ever check the app these days. On the high performance option, I usually meet the goal on the weekend and still do another 2-3 workouts in the week and a gym session.

Going to take the iWatch2 soon so will have to pay more attention to it.

I hardly ever check the app these days. On the high performance option, I usually meet the goal on the weekend and still do another 2-3 workouts in the week and a gym session.

Going to take the iWatch2 soon so will have to pay more attention to it.

I'm seriously considering the iWatch2, too.  

If it can capture my indoor sessions, it will pay for itself easily.

I'm seriously considering the iWatch2, too.  

If it can capture my indoor sessions, it will pay for itself easily.

The only downside of the current exercise app is the lack of "average HR" - how hard can it be to develop that?

It only has current HR - the wife has to check every so often to ensure the current is above/within the required zones.  

why would u want to do this? aamoi?

Surely not for a smoothie?

Not just the smoothie - cashback and free flights are nice too...

All syncs happening no issue at all, even Satellite race yesterday 1500 points awarded without having to do a manual upload

I got 300 points then on Monday it changed to 1500 also no upload from my side something is starting to work at discovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not directly related, but still Discovery [emoji56]

What do you guys think about the bank they are starting? It will be at least another year to finalise, but "Insurer Discovery had obtained authorisation from the registrar of banks to set up its bank ahead of obtaining a full banking licence, it said on Tuesday." From BD http://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/companies/financial-services/2016-10-26-discovery-given-approval-to-set-up-its-own-bank/

Personally I think, in theory at least, any competition is good. And to link it to this thread/vitality, I'm sure they will try to combine the loyalty component, thus if you have short-term and life insurance, medical and banking products with them you will earn more loyalty points.

Any opinions?

Not directly related, but still Discovery [emoji56]

What do you guys think about the bank they are starting? It will be at least another year to finalise, but "Insurer Discovery had obtained authorisation from the registrar of banks to set up its bank ahead of obtaining a full banking licence, it said on Tuesday." From BD http://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/companies/financial-services/2016-10-26-discovery-given-approval-to-set-up-its-own-bank/

Personally I think, in theory at least, any competition is good. And to link it to this thread/vitality, I'm sure they will try to combine the loyalty component, thus if you have short-term and life insurance, medical and banking products with them you will earn more loyalty points.

Any opinions?

I'm actually looking forward to it. If they tie it into the Vitality thing (and they probably will) then it could get strong really quickly. 

Also - they've got in excess of 3.5m clients on all platforms, so they've got an instant client base, almost. 

Can you imagine the backlash if it is not just free smoothies, but your bank charges (for example) that depend on your Garmin or whatever syncing? Or if certain devices stop being supported, like this year?

Can you imagine the backlash if it is not just free smoothies, but your bank charges (for example) that depend on your Garmin or whatever syncing? Or if certain devices stop being supported, like this year?

[emoji1]

But I'm sure they won't link health to banking. It might be something like only using your Discovery bank card for purchases. And then at top/group level, you might get extra points for just using more of their services. E.g. 1 point for banking, 3 points for banking and health and 6 points for banking, health and insurance. In any case, that would make sense to me at least.

IIRC, the credit card is currently issued (and administered?) by FNB, so bringing this into an "in-house division" means so much more for them and less handed over to FNB. Online banking, as opposed to a physical branch? Who knows? 

For us, a few benefits here and there, but I'd imagine the loans, financing and other "banking" related services is where they can really apply the vaseline (to the customers).