Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

my apologies if already asked and answered, or if I am simply being stupid but are we generally supposed to be getting 2 plays per week or 1 ? (ie) My wife is very much on the same setup as I, i.o.w we have not registered for the drive or insure options and both have more than 5 linked friends etc. however she has been getting 2 plays and myself only 1 ?  :wacko: all benefit boosters activated and in place.

On the bonus play challenge app, I have noted that the previous challenge is "pending" 

We are definitely not interested in the driving goal challenge  :unsure:

Thanks

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my apologies if already asked and answered, or if I am simply being stupid but are we generally supposed to be getting 2 plays per week or 1 ? (ie) My wife is very much on the same setup as I, i.o.w we have not registered for the drive or insure options and both have more than 5 linked friends etc. however she has been getting 2 plays and myself only 1 ? :wacko: all benefit boosters activated and in place.

On the bonus play challenge app, I have noted that the previous challenge is "pending"

We are definitely not interested in the driving goal challenge :unsure:

Thanks

OK there are 3 goals at this point. Activity goal, personalised goal, driving goal.

I dunno how personalised the personalised one is but week 1 was the same for everyone, add 5 friends. Next week the same I think, have 5 friends make their goal.

My "personalised" one was the driving one as I installed the insure app, so yesterday I got 3 plays.

Your personalised goal is emailed to you.

Thanks Reme,

It must be the 5 friends reach their goal that is pending - I have linked x 9 ... perhaps they're investigating Chad  :ph34r: hence the 'pending'

OK there are 3 goals at this point. Activity goal, personalised goal, driving goal.

I dunno how personalised the personalised one is but week 1 was the same for everyone, add 5 friends. Next week the same I think, have 5 friends make their goal.

My "personalised" one was the driving one as I installed the insure app, so yesterday I got 3 plays.

Your personalised goal is emailed to you.

4.3. Who qualifies as a main member

To be a main member of Vitality, you must make a monthly payment (or consent to a third party making the payment on your behalf) to Vitality for the programme and be one of the following:

 A principle member of a medical scheme administered by Discovery Health

 A policyholder of a Discovery Life policy paying a minimum premium of at

least R350

 An employee of an employer who has taken out Discovery Life Group Risk cover. At least 50% of the Group Risk Life Plan policy holders must also be members of a Medical Scheme administered by Discovery Health

You are only allowed to have one Vitality policy, regardless of whether you have taken out more than one of the above products.

https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/vitality-open

If i'm understanding your question correctly?

Cool! Thanks! :thumbup:

From Disco now...

Do a 5km walk or run before 3 November. You can complete a parkrun on Saturday or a myrun on Sunday. Even better, take a dog with you! Your bonus play will be available on 7 November to use before 14 November.

From Disco now...

This one is confusing. Do they get details of the activity such as the distance covered? I thought it was just heart rate and time as mentioned earlier. Because it must be done before 3 November, they must accept more than just the two events mentioned.

This one is confusing. Do they get details of the activity such as the distance covered? I thought it was just heart rate and time as mentioned earlier. Because it must be done before 3 November, they must accept more than just the two events mentioned.

I'm sure it means you can do any verifiable run/walk over 5km in distance

Edited by Craai

No, they get everything, the entire payload. Activity type distance, hr, freaking cadence if you have that. Probably all ur gps data too.

well, I'll tell you how personalised... I've been banned from running owing to two acetabular labrums, and now my goal is to run 5km... 

Nice one Discovery... I'm going out on a limb here and guess that your medical benefits for any malarky that ensues from me running will be p!ss-poor...

well, I'll tell you how personalised... I've been banned from running owing to two acetabular labrums, and now my goal is to run 5km... 

Nice one Discovery... I'm going out on a limb here and guess that your medical benefits for any malarky that ensues from me running will be p!ss-poor...

Do a 5km WALK or run before 3 November. You can complete a parkrun on Saturday or a myrun on Sunday. Even better, take a dog with you! Your bonus play will be available on 7 November to use before 14 November.

Says you can do a 5km WALK or run..... So go walk the 5kms!!

Nice one Discovery to give you the option !!!  :whistling:

No, they get everything, the entire payload. Activity type distance, hr, freaking cadence if you have that. Probably all ur gps data too.

further up this thread, there's the matter of getting your HR up to above the % threshold, removing the strap, then stopping the device at the allotted time and still getting your activity goal... so while they may receive all the data, it looks like they don't use it and simply use the device's average, which in this case is fudged (nice one Garmin)

would be interesting to peek into their system architecture and even more interesting would be to look into their future product development, if for nothing else so we can bitch about it

further up this thread, there's the matter of getting your HR up to above the % threshold, removing the strap, then stopping the device at the allotted time and still getting your activity goal... so while they may receive all the data, it looks like they don't use it and simply use the device's average, which in this case is fudged (nice one Garmin)

would be interesting to peek into their system architecture and even more interesting would be to look into their future product development, if for nothing else so we can bitch about it

Well, thats garmin electing what to send, and being garmin discovery cannot really argue.

I havent run 5km in almost a year... so i'm just going to do a nice easy walk on the promenade while listening to the waves.

Edited by Veebee