Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Sounds good. It would be sneaky of them to provide points for almost all races and not have them all in their 'list'.

I haven't done any race that was not in their list of outdoor events. I must say, the person who updates it is quite clued up.  :thumbup:

:thumbup:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

( Off the topic)  My rides are not uploading to Discovery Vitality from STRAVA.

I use a Suunto Ambit 3 HR device. Sync and Pair settings seems ok because my rides are uploading to STRAVA from the device. And

My daily steps do upload to Vitality when i sync, however none of my rides would sync to Vitality from Strava.

Any advice?

Discovery doesn't recognise STRAVA for the purposes of points. Best is to populate the link via the Suunto app and give Vitality the permission to access your details there. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

( Off the topic) My rides are not uploading to Discovery Vitality from STRAVA.

I use a Suunto Ambit 3 HR device. Sync and Pair settings seems ok because my rides are uploading to STRAVA from the device. And

My daily steps do upload to Vitality when i sync, however none of my rides would sync to Vitality from Strava.

Any advice?

Movescount is no longer supported by Vitality as of last month. You have to use the Suunto app. Your watch may not be compatible with the new app though?

Discovery doesn't recognise STRAVA for the purposes of points. Best is to populate the link via the Suunto app and give Vitality the permission to access your details there. 

Sorted thanks!

Apologies if this has been posted before, but its the first time I have seen information up on the Discovery website about how to access the boosted rewards that are part of the bank package.

It seems incredible complicated, but essentially the more you spend the more rewards you get back. For example, I have a Platinum account and can get up to 25% extra on my healthy food it I spend more than R25k in a month if I have Diamond money status.

Apologies if this has been posted before, but its the first time I have seen information up on the Discovery website about how to access the boosted rewards that are part of the bank package.

It seems incredible complicated, but essentially the more you spend the more rewards you get back. For example, I have a Platinum account and can get up to 25% extra on my healthy food it I spend more than R25k in a month if I have Diamond money status.

Yeah,the base rewards have no conditions like that, And I've never really marketed the extra boosters to clients unless they're high users / frequent spenders as they have quite a few conditions attached.

But yes, you're right.

Yeah,the base rewards have no conditions like that, And I've never really marketed the extra boosters to clients unless they're high users / frequent spenders as they have quite a few conditions attached.

But yes, you're right.

From my side It was a reasons to switch to the bank as I reckoned that I could pay the bank fees off with extra rewards. I still think I can do that, but I need to get a credit card from them and they aren't taking new applications at the moment.

From my side It was a reasons to switch to the bank as I reckoned that I could pay the bank fees off with extra rewards. I still think I can do that, but I need to get a credit card from them and they aren't taking new applications at the moment.

See, you'd probably be one of the exceptions I talked about. And that's cool. If you can reach that level as part of your monthly spend without doing any financial gymnastics then that's absolutely perfect.

See, you'd probably be one of the exceptions I talked about. And that's cool. If you can reach that level as part of your monthly spend without doing any financial gymnastics then that's absolutely perfect.

Would things like debit orders for bond, car finance, etc be included in that monthly spend??

Would things like debit orders for bond, car finance, etc be included in that monthly spend??

No, only swipes and online stores

Nope. That's why I say what I said. It's for actual swipes and online purchases. 

just for interest sake ... while on the topic of bank fees.

I switched banks early last year, due to a better interest rate on a bond.

The new bank gave me a package deal for about 60% of the monthly fees I was paying at the other bank.  Their reward system is automatically included in this fee, which actually makes it about 45% of what I would have paid at the previous bank, had I used rewards at the previous bank.  

I still fill up at the same fuel stations, and shop at the same grocer, and my monthly rewards is MORE than my monthly account fees.

So I have MORE functions at the new bank, and after the rewards they pay me to bank there.

And I am only on level 2 of 5 of their reward system.

To sum it up, I am saving more than R4k per year !!!  

It is a new world out there.  shop around, make sure what works for YOU.

just for interest sake ... while on the topic of bank fees.

I switched banks early last year, due to a better interest rate on a bond.

The new bank gave me a package deal for about 60% of the monthly fees I was paying at the other bank.  Their reward system is automatically included in this fee, which actually makes it about 45% of what I would have paid at the previous bank, had I used rewards at the previous bank.  

I still fill up at the same fuel stations, and shop at the same grocer, and my monthly rewards is MORE than my monthly account fees.

So I have MORE functions at the new bank, and after the rewards they pay me to bank there.

And I am only on level 2 of 5 of their reward system.

To sum it up, I am saving more than R4k per year !!!  

It is a new world out there.  shop around, make sure what works for YOU.

Please share who you were with, and who you moved to.

It will be different for each person but still, would be nice to know.

Nope. That's why I say what I said. It's for actual swipes and online purchases. 

Where can one actually see how the rewards work. I am thinking of leaving Discovery Card next year if I can not see how this works to compare against others.

When I was asked to join I was only told I will see the rewards on the app once I activated Discovery banking, but I want to see up front before I switch.

Currently getting between 600 to 1000 Rands worth of Discovery miles which I was informed will be falling away with discovery bank so I would like to know how the new rewards work.

Please share who you were with, and who you moved to.

It will be different for each person but still, would be nice to know.

Been with Volkskas, then ABSA for decades ....  Their rewards program is based around a different fuel outlet and grocer than we use.  Real pain to fill up at Sasol in the Cape, so not viable in the long run for somebody that is on the road a lot.

FNB gave me a good deal on a bond, with the full banking package.  We already fill up at Engen and shop at Checkers, so life as usual and it just works for us.  IF you go full tilt and move your investments etc to FNB then you can actually save a LOT of money with ebucks ... but that is the gest of all these programs, lure you in with some rewards, then as your full commitment if you really want to maximize .... actually a very obvious business model.