Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Does your wife have a Huawei phone? I know that they tend to give issues with the DQ. 

But something else you can try to get to the bottom of the issue: Drive her car with your phone and see if it logs the trip. Normally its a single profile with multiple devices so its links via the main members ID number. 

If your phone works in her car without any issue then you know its her phone giving problems. 

Nah, I suspect the issue is on their software. Reason me saying so is that I have a tracking unit installed which works 100% as I can pull all the stats from CTrack. However, every month like clockwork I get the error message “No tracking unit installed” on Disco’s page, triggering another email exchange with Disco support

Ja it's not cellphone based - we have the trackers installed. And I know they're working because the correct stats get pulled through and the other day when she aquaplaned on the way to work in the torrential rain they called her immediately and knew her position etc. It's just somehow not pulling through to the webpage dashboard and monthly reporting.

Edited by Nick_A

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled my trip results and it shows exactly what I see on the app. My problem is the device shows connected, with 72% battery, but doesn’t record the trip.

I then have to question if they will know when an incident occurs.

I pulled my trip results and it shows exactly what I see on the app. My problem is the device shows connected, with 72% battery, but doesn’t record the trip.

I then have to question if they will know when an incident occurs.

I've had the same problem 3 times now I think. I've got ctrack unit and the Bluetooth box installed. Discovery was getting results from ctrack unit, but I don't think those counted for rewards because I also had Bluetooth box registered. Bluetooth box showed 'connected' in the app, but I wasn't getting my rewards. Discovery sent me a replacement authoritarian SMS immediately each time I called to query. Went to TWT for replacement, showed up on their system too and it was sorted out quickly.

I've had the same problem 3 times now I think. I've got ctrack unit and the Bluetooth box installed. Discovery was getting results from ctrack unit, but I don't think those counted for rewards because I also had Bluetooth box registered. Bluetooth box showed 'connected' in the app, but I wasn't getting my rewards. Discovery sent me a replacement authoritarian SMS immediately each time I called to query. Went to TWT for replacement, showed up on their system too and it was sorted out quickly.

The consultant keeps telling me that mu unit is working and that they are receiving the data on their side. When I ask where I drove to, they can’t answer the question. The logbook is perhaps proof that something isn’t working right.

luckily the reward part isn’t conditional on reaching 100Km per week, so I’ve been getting my rewards every week. My concern is that if it’s needed in an accident, and I’m unable to respond, that it isn’t working.

I might just drive to TWT and tell them to swap it out whether it’s working or not.

I was having problems with a VPN app, and they suggested resetting my network connections on the phone - that was last night. So that means all wi-fi hotspot connections are lost, as well as my BLE connections.

So far, all my trips (for today) have shown up on the Insure app, where previously none of my drives to work would show up. So I wonder if pet of the problem was on my phone.

My trips was also not being pulled through to the web, although they show up on the phone app. I use a old Iphone SE. Contacted them, they told me to have the DQ-track replaced. Still have to do this, but my DQ-track has now died completely as well, so I think its battery is now dead too. 

Ill see if the pull my trips into the web as soon as I replace the DQ.

Can some one explain the fitness device discount - I'm looking at buying a Garmin watch from Sportsmans 

I'm on Diamond with 25% discount (Sportsmans) have a disco cc and the healthy gear card for sportsmans

So if the item costs say 5K how do i calculate what discount i will get back

Thanx in advance

Can some one explain the fitness device discount - I'm looking at buying a Garmin watch from Sportsmans

I'm on Diamond with 25% discount (Sportsmans) have a disco cc and the healthy gear card for sportsmans

So if the item costs say 5K how do i calculate what discount i will get back

Thanx in advance

Are you single or a family?

Single, you get 25% cash back of R2000 spend in the month. So R500 cash back.

Family, you get 25% cash back of R4000 spend in the month. There are a few T&Cs for the discount you get, but as it shows 25% then it should be what you get back. R1000 cash back.

You also need to make sure the device qualifies for the cash back. The SW website will show the V logo next to the devices that qualify. Example, most watches that read HR on the wrist qualify, and those bundled with the HR strap.

If you have a Money account, and your Disco card links to the discount, you must swipe the card when paying. Only for the standard Vitality account (no money) allows a non Disco card for payment.

Are you single or a family?

Single, you get 25% cash back of R2000 spend in the month. So R500 cash back.

Family, you get 25% cash back of R4000 spend in the month. There are a few T&Cs for the discount you get, but as it shows 25% then it should be what you get back. R1000 cash back.

You also need to make sure the device qualifies for the cash back. The SW website will show the V logo next to the devices that qualify. Example, most watches that read HR on the wrist qualify, and those bundled with the HR strap.

If you have a Money account, and your Disco card links to the discount, you must swipe the card when paying. Only for the standard Vitality account (no money) allows a non Disco card for payment.

Thanks frosty - So as i understand its whatever discount you qualify off the 4K (I'm family) and not off the purchase price - correct ?

Thanks frosty - So as i understand its whatever discount you qualify off the 4K (I'm family) and not off the purchase price - correct ?

Ja. Sometimes there are "exceptions" though. If you get more, you get more. If you get less, question it. 

:lol:

Yip, the cap is R4000 when more than one person is in Vitality, so not the full price of the unit. Check out the device booster though, if you fancy being tied down to meeting your goals each week, 4 time per month for the 24 months.

Another thing to remember, is that the discount from the healthy gear card is also dependent on:

You start on 10%

+5% - All adult members doing the health check online.

+10% - All adult members have completed the fitness assessment.

With the Money rewards thingy, you have to swipe the card to get the extra discount.

With Garmin being down, I looked on the Vitality page on how to possibly manually upload my workouts to get the points until the garmin issue is sorted. As a new week starts tomorrow.

I see under Gym, devices and fitness my garmin account to discovery has been delinked by Discovery.

As cannot see a way for manual upload of a FIT file, I presume we will have to email them our workouts to get the points?

With Garmin being down, I looked on the Vitality page on how to possibly manually upload my workouts to get the points until the garmin issue is sorted. As a new week starts tomorrow.

I see under Gym, devices and fitness my garmin account to discovery has been delinked by Discovery.

As cannot see a way for manual upload of a FIT file, I presume we will have to email them our workouts to get the points?

If you check your rewards section in the app you'll see a note that says they're aware of the Garmin problem and will award your points retrospectively.

And anyway you always have until the Tuesday night to upload your workouts for the previous week.

If you check your rewards section in the app you'll see a note that says they're aware of the Garmin problem and will award your points retrospectively.

And anyway you always have until the Tuesday night to upload your workouts for the previous week.

Now everyone (with a Garmin) gets to feel what a few feel when trying to get Discovery to award points retroactively.

Now everyone (with a Garmin) gets to feel what a few feel when trying to get Discovery to award points retroactively.

Not sure about everyone else, but it's seamless for me. I've even had points awarded 2 weeks later with a reward twice when I forgot to upload Garmin workouts during lockdown (while my phone was being repaired) - I didn't even ask. Just thought I would lose out.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a survey from Discovery Vitality, relating to indoor training. Went through the pain of completing it. Not going to guess what they are planning, but if I were to hazard a guess, perhaps indoor trainers will soon qualify as recognized fitness devices and discounts will be applicable.

They mention Kickr, Tacx, Peloton and Watt Bike. One can only dream.

Dear G,

Discovery is passionate about delivering exceptional service and we are constantly looking for ways to improve. Working with our members, we aim to improve their experiences, as well as their overall satisfaction with the services we offer.

We would like to better understand how your method of exercising has changed due to Covid-19 and the resulting lockdown. We want to ensure Discovery Vitality is dynamic and focused on enabling our members to meet their fitness needs.

Please take a few minutes of your time to answer a few questions.

Your individual responses will remain confidential and the results will be aggregated.

Click here for the survey.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Frosty