Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Was Vitality membership monthly before?  I always thought it was a once off payment?  https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/rates-2021?utm_source=hybris&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=vitality_newsletter_october_2020&utm_content=vitality_rates

The Vitality monthly membership contributions for next year are as follows:

Vitality Member R290 Member + 1 R355 Member + 2 R410

Puff puff pass, bro. I need what you're smoking... :P

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Puff puff pass, bro. I need what you're smoking... :P

Please correct me then... as I always thought you paid for Vitality running and Vitality cycling separately depending on which one you wanted to join/or both.  That was a once off fee... hence the question

Maybe it more foggy covid than smoking ;)

Was Vitality membership monthly before?  I always thought it was a once off payment?  https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/rates-2021?utm_source=hybris&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=vitality_newsletter_october_2020&utm_content=vitality_rates

The Vitality monthly membership contributions for next year are as follows:

Vitality Member R290 Member + 1 R355 Member + 2 R410

Currently R280/month for 1 member according to my last payslip.

Please correct me then... as I always thought you paid for Vitality running and Vitality cycling separately depending on which one you wanted to join/or both.  That was a once off fee... hence the question

That's for "Team Vitality" i.e. the running/cycling club. And those are annual fees not once-offs either.

Yes, that's VR & VC (Team Vitality stuff) not Vitality itself. Still not once-off, though. Annually billed, as Jehosefat says. 

Vitality itself is monthly. Has been forever (unless it was annually before 2008, when I first joined Disco)

A heads up for those that haven’t done the Health and/or Fitness Assessment yet. They will take the higher of points earned in 2019 or 2020 and apply that for 2020, i.e. you aren’t forced to do it this year, it you’ll still get points providing you did these in 2019.

A heads up for those that haven’t done the Health and/or Fitness Assessment yet. They will take the higher of points earned in 2019 or 2020 and apply that for 2020, i.e. you aren’t forced to do it this year, it you’ll still get points providing you did these in 2019.

Interesting piece in the media on Saturday. But I was not able to get anything about this from the Discovery website.

Worth noting that the goal posts have been movef again ..... going to need to join Discovery bank if you want good Vitality rewards ... best follow up with your broker

Interesting piece in the media on Saturday. But I was not able to get anything about this from the Discovery website.

Worth noting that the goal posts have been movef again ..... going to need to join Discovery bank if you want good Vitality rewards ... best follow up with your broker

No.

You don’t need to have a DB account to get good vitality rewards. They’re still there. The DB account just gets you better ones, like the disc card did, before. No changing goal posts. Vit rewards have always been enhanced with the presence of other Disco products.

Garden variety vitality is still as good as it’s always been, and you aren’t suddenly getting worse benefits if you don’t have a card.

No.

You don’t need to have a DB account to get good vitality rewards. They’re still there. The DB account just gets you better ones, like the disc card did, before. No changing goal posts. Vit rewards have always been enhanced with the presence of other Disco products.

Garden variety vitality is still as good as it’s always been, and you aren’t suddenly getting worse benefits if you don’t have a card.

The article on "Netwerk24" certainly creates a different impression:

post-110956-0-12985000-1602407191_thumb.jpg

Has anyone migrated to discovery bank from the normal card. I keep on getting calls to do it. Don't want extra fees per month though. What are the actual benefits, must you have cash in savings at all times etc...

Has anyone migrated to discovery bank from the normal card. I keep on getting calls to do it. Don't want extra fees per month though. What are the actual benefits, must you have cash in savings at all times etc...

No,no need for cash on there all the time. Same ish fees, better benefits. It's well worth the swap.

So i am on Discovery Medical Aid and am contemplating joining Vitality but is it a mission to do as in to actually do the admin to get the points? Presuming some stuff will be easy to link automatically?

My wife has a FitBit Alta HR - Can anyone tell me if this can be used to track exorcise sessions for HR for Disco points - I've tried everything can't seem to get it to track an exorcise session.

So i am on Discovery Medical Aid and am contemplating joining Vitality but is it a mission to do as in to actually do the admin to get the points? Presuming some stuff will be easy to link automatically?

nah, not a mission at all, unless you want to max out on teh bank points, the vitality drive points and so on. If you just want to enjoy the benefits of Vitality, it's simple as pie.

Myles, we all know now that if your 2019 Vitality Health points were higher than this years' (or if you didn't go for your tests this year) it will get carried over, but do you know whether this is also applicable to your Vitality Drive points?

I was due for my annual inspection last month (but was lazy), but I now note on my Drive profile that my points are valid until 2021

IrieVQ9.png

Was hoping you knew before I sent them a query.