Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

2 hours+ of vigorous exercise will get you 3000 points.

No need for HRM my son and I both used a phone with strava We both got 3000 points. I think you can go for a 2 hour stroll and get 3000 points

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest notmyname

Breetsnek must be tougher.......

Hahaha haha haha. You're speaking about Breedts near Hekpoort right? Heeeehehe.

No need for HRM my son and I both used a phone with strava We both got 3000 points. I think you can go for a 2 hour stroll and get 3000 points

Yours would have been on distance then. Stroll wouldn't qualify as you'd either need to go for aaaages to get over the threshold of 42km for 3,000 points, or have an HRM to show that you really worked on those 2 hours. 

To earn up to 100 Vitality points you have to:

Track at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity in one exercise session a day at an average heart rate of more than 60% but less than 70% of your age related maximum heart rate; or

Track at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity in one exercise session a day at a minimum average speed of 4 kilometers an hour; or

Track 5 000 to 9999 steps a day to earn 50 Vitality points; or

Track 10 000 to 12 499 steps a day to earn 100 Vitality points.

To earn up to 300 Vitality points you have to:

Track at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity in one exercise session a day at an average heart rate of more than 70% of your age related maximum heart rate or a minimum average speed of 7.2 kilometers an hour; or

Track at least 60 minutes of vigorous physical activity in one exercise session a day at an average heart rate of more than 60% of your age related maximum heart rate or a minimum average speed of 4 kilometers an hour.

To earn up to 600 points you have to:

Track at least 90 minutes of moderate physical activity in one exercise session a day at an average heart rate of more than 60% of your age-related maximum heart rate or a minimum average speed of 5.5 kilometers an hour; or

Track at least 60 minutes of vigorous physical activity in one exercise session a day at an average heart rate of more than 70% of your age-related maximum heart rate or a minimum average speed of 8 kilometers an hour.

To earn up to 1 500 points you have to:

Track at least 120 minutes of moderate physical activity in one exercise session a day at an average heart rate of more than 60% of your age-related maximum heart rate or a minimum average speed of 5.5 kilometers an hour; or

Track at least 90 minutes of vigorous physical activity in one exercise session a day at an average heart rate of more than 70% of your age-related maximum heart rate or a minimum average speed of 8 kilometers an hour.

To earn up to 3 000 points you have to:

Track at least 360 minutes of moderate physical activity in one exercise session a day at an average heart rate of more than 60% of your age-related maximum heart rate or a minimum average speed of 5.5 kilometers an hour; or

Track at least 120 minutes of vigorous physical activity in one exercise session a day at an average heart rate of more than 70% of your age-related maximum heart rate or a minimum average speed of 8 kilometers an hour.

The points you earn by uploading data from your Strava account, count towards the maximum Vitality points for fitness. Each adult can earn up to 30 000 Vitality points for fitness each year.

Vitality will award points for one fitness event a day only. If you complete two fitness events in one day, then you will get the higher points between the two. Points may take up to two weeks to show on your Vitality Points Monitor after you have uploaded your data from your chosen device or app.

Yours would have been on distance then. Stroll wouldn't qualify as you'd either need to go for aaaages to get over the threshold of 42km for 3,000 points, or have an HRM to show that you really worked on those 2 hours.

Can't be distance based I did exactly 29.2kms, 2 hours 5 mins, ave speed 14km/h, 883m climbing

I did a 38.2 km rocky bay ride yesterday and reached my goal for the week 3000 points...but registered as a park run [emoji15] call it what they want...so long as I get the points...if I can ride 1 day a week and reach my goal... Maybe it is time to look into the Apple Watch... I have the iPhone...just need to get the credit card.

I did a 38.2 km rocky bay ride yesterday and reached my goal for the week 3000 points...but registered as a park run [emoji15] call it what they want... so long as I get the points...if I can ride 1 day a week and reach my goal... Maybe it is time to look into the Apple Watch... I have the iPhone...just need to get the credit card.

That's because we refer to it (getting 3000!points) as a walk in the park Edited by geraldm24

Has the criteria changed then? I was under the impression 200points is the max you can earn on a activity if it is not a "race or an "event" then you can earn up to 3000 or 5000 points. This coincides with  I earned points over that past few weeks.

All my 3 to 5hr rides has been max 200points over the last few days

Guest notmyname

I did a 38.2 km rocky bay ride yesterday and reached my goal for the week 3000 points...but registered as a park run [emoji15] call it what they want...so long as I get the points...if I can ride 1 day a week and reach my goal... Maybe it is time to look into the Apple Watch... I have the iPhone...just need to get the credit card.

My activity also registered as a park run. Also just want the points.

Has the criteria changed then? I was under the impression 200points is the max you can earn on a activity if it is not a "race or an "event" then you can earn up to 3000 or 5000 points. This coincides with  I earned points over that past few weeks.

All my 3 to 5hr rides has been max 200points over the last few days

Jeepers Jaco, where have you been!?

Completely changed for 2016. Intensity and / or distance & speed based now. Up to 3,000 points for a single exercise. 

Read the thread, with particular attention to mine and Geraldm24's posts, or lemme know if you want my guide for a small fee of your choosing, and I'll mail you the details. 

Tried to update my vitality wellness info for 2016...my mental wellness has deteriorated somewhat in the past 12 hrs ...being extremely patient trying not to throw my iPad across the room in frustration...lucky I have a rubber mallet and a 200mmx 200mm X 30 mm thick steel plate I beat when dealing with Telkom...municipality or other government institutions...it seems I need to use it when dealing with discovery vitality [emoji35]

The question is do I need this extra frustration in my life...are a couple drinks worth the hassle?