The good news thread

shova1

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if only a white billionaire can pay off the debts of all students in an all white, all male university! What a guy he would be!

Imagine the outcry, EFF would be at his house "wanting to talk" straight away.

Yesterday my telkom line dies..no dial tone ..no adsl..I call them at 13h10..15h30 two guys pull up.."You reported a fault on your line Sir"...needless to say I was speechless..problem was a lose conection at the pole...fixed in 15 mins...:"Have a good day Sir"..I still can't believe it..????

He really has his head screwed on right.

Some people expressed concern on Twitter that Mbele would not have direct access to the funds. They pointed out that they had donated money on the basis that he would receive it directly into his account.

In response, BackaBuddy indicated that Mbele would have full control of the funds. It said he had asked them to administer the money on his behalf because of safety concerns.

Maybe I'm a cynical old fart... But are we really in a state in this world of ours where people are being reveared and called "heros" for the same thing that was done naturally and regularly in years gone by? Is this really a reflection of how far society has fallen?

Don't get me wrong.. It's a great story.. And for someone to give up a big chunk of their weekly income with no guarantee speaks volumes of the character.... But a roadshow as a shell ambassador... Seriously?

Flame away if you want.... But It's a genuine question

Maybe I'm a cynical old fart... But are we really in a state in this world of ours where people are being reveared and called "heros" for the same thing that was done naturally and regularly in years gone by? Is this really a reflection of how far society has fallen?

Don't get me wrong.. It's a great story.. And for someone to give up a big chunk of their weekly income with no guarantee speaks volumes of the character.... But a roadshow as a shell ambassador... Seriously?

Its South Africa, its a great story

What I dont get is Shell donating R500k to a charity.

Why dont they invest it him? How will that improve his quality of life

I think that's the point. We have become very selfish and narcissistic and are often too scared to get involved, or too pessimistic, assuming it's all a scam.

For me the fact that he is a petrol attendant probably not earning much and willing to part with the R100 which is worth a lot more to him than the lady he helped - might not be a 'hero' - but he is to the lady he helped.

The shell ambassador thing - that's corporate smarts - jumping on the bandwagon -but if the guy get's an opportunity to travel and he feels valued, even just briefly - i'm cool with that. And a charity gets money out of it - since this guy expressed his desire to help less fortunate than himself. 

I think that's the point. We have become very selfish and narcissistic and are often too scared to get involved, or too pessimistic, assuming it's all a scam.

For me the fact that he is a petrol attendant probably not earning much and willing to part with the R100 which is worth a lot more to him than the lady he helped - might not be a 'hero' - but he is to the lady he helped.

The shell ambassador thing - that's corporate smarts - jumping on the bandwagon -but if the guy get's an opportunity to travel and he feels valued, even just briefly - i'm cool with that. And a charity gets money out of it - since this guy expressed his desire to help less fortunate than himself. 

and look at what happened to that young couple who ran out of fuel last week...

Feels valued? What does that mean to someone who earns less than R5k a month?

Well done bud you did a great thing, choose someone else who we can give R500k to. 

:thumbdown:

Feels valued? What does that mean to someone who earns less than R5k a month?

it's like a Strava KOM - means **** all really - but it feels nice while it lasts. 

Well done bud you did a great thing, choose someone else who we can give R500k to. 

:thumbdown: depends who he chooses to give that 500k to - if it's a charity organisation that puts it to proper good use, then yay... we don't know I guess. Maybe it can be donated to his kid's school - we wait and see. 

He is OK with the decision and supports it, not sure why plenty of others are not. Same as the criticism for backabuddy helping him, he asked for the help but critics are slamming them. How about LISTENING to what HE wants and want you think he should want.