The good news thread

shova1

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good and terrifying news on this side.

My CIPC registration just went through. Will be starting my own legal practice beginning or mid March. Still have to resign at my current firm tho, feel terrible as I really like the people but I do believe this is the right move for myself and my family.

My CIPC registration just went through. Will be starting my own legal practice beginning or mid March. Still have to resign at my current firm tho, feel terrible as I really like the people but I do believe this is the right move for myself and my family.

:clap: :clap:

resign - but dont burn the bridge.

Yup that is what I plan on doing. If all goes according to plan this conversation will take place  Friday morning :eek:

Will be an emotional conversation on both sides, so I am making myself cue cards to keep things on track.

good luck with the new venture

The missus has said she wants to try get back on a bicycle. She had a bad fall on her previous mountain bike a few years ago which resulted in her having surgery to her right hand, two metal plates were put in. We have a spare mtb, a beginner Spez that my niece is not using anymore for her to use.

So to me that's good news.

The missus has said she wants to try get back on a bicycle. She had a bad fall on her previous mountain bike a few years ago which resulted in her having surgery to her right hand, two metal plates were put in. We have a spare mtb, a beginner Spez that my niece is not using anymore for her to use.

So to me that's good news.

You think it's good news, until you're home babysitting and she's out riding... :P

Thats awesome, I gave up on mine after 4 months!

Will have to try again 

Thats awesome, I gave up on mine after 4 months!

Will have to try again 

How so?

Got final confirmation of registration from CIPC today. Had some delays due to the specific requirements they were battling with. So on Monday it's opening of bank accounts etc. 

Due to the issues with CIPC I decided to postpone my resignation until the middle of Feb, just allow for all the crap to hit the fan and be washed off before I resign. ETA on opening of the doors are moved out to mid/end of March.

How so?

Got final confirmation of registration from CIPC today. Had some delays due to the specific requirements they were battling with. So on Monday it's opening of bank accounts etc. 

Due to the issues with CIPC I decided to postpone my resignation until the middle of Feb, just allow for all the crap to hit the fan and be washed off before I resign. ETA on opening of the doors are moved out to mid/end of March.

just incompetence on their part. But also was trying to purchase an existing business so that probably complicated things.