The good news thread

shova1

Can one of you clever quys please explail all the changes i.r.o. Perskor shares . I can't even keep track , let alone the ramifications thereof. Seems like good news , in any event.

Do you still have shares? Its merged into Caxton many moons ago as far as I know.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

This morning a group of parkrun tourists were trying to find their way to our parkrun, so they asked some SAPS members, the cop gave them his personal phone with directions and told them to bring it back when they're done.

This morning a group of parkrun tourists were trying to find their way to our parkrun, so they asked some SAPS members, the cop gave them his personal phone with directions and told them to bring it back when they're done.

We do live in a lekker area, Uni.

https://www.news.uct.ac.za/article/-2019-09-12-uct-leaps-up-in-world-rankings

https://www.news.uct.ac.za/article/-2019-08-05-uct-in-top-13-globally

University of Cape Town climbed sharply up the latest international university ratings. Yes, I know, it is not that accurate, or even useful, but it is nice to see that we can still keep decent company in some areas.

Potchefstroom university also quite highly ranked.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if anyone has been following the #KFCproposal

And corporates and private companies have been climbing on board

Oh uni..... Are you being swayed by corporates jumping onto schmaltz for financial gain

Hahaa Stretchy stop being so jaded and think what a difference it will make to this couple starting out. People.habe offered to pay for their wedding clothes, do her make up etc and all because someone joked about how lame it was to propose to someone at KFC.

Daily we see Twitter climb into people and destroy people, it's good to see some.good being done. If half the people that offer to help with something do so, these two can have a wedding to remember without incurring ridiculous debt and that's a win.

Hahaa Stretchy stop being so jaded and think what a difference it will make to this couple starting out. People.habe offered to pay for their wedding clothes, do her make up etc and all because someone joked about how lame it was to propose to someone at KFC.

Daily we see Twitter climb into people and destroy people, it's good to see some.good being done. If half the people that offer to help with something do so, these two can have a wedding to remember without incurring ridiculous debt and that's a win.

That's awesome for them.. It really is.. I'm not disputing that... What I cant stand if the vulturism of the corporates that have stepped up only because this couple are in the limelight. If they weren't, standard Bank et Al wouldn't be giving them a second glance. In South Africa, there are literally millions of worthier candidates that need support from these corporates.. But because their situation is not front and centre on social media they won't get that opportunity. If standard Bank et al went out looking for those people they would find them easily.. But that's not their primary objective.. Their primary objective is to capitalise on a feel good story for financial benefit.

Anyway.. Grinch is not gonna muddy the original feel good part of the this... Which is a cute couple getting engaged in a KFC

That's awesome for them.. It really is.. I'm not disputing that... What I cant stand if the vulturism of the corporates that have stepped up only because this couple are in the limelight. If they weren't, standard Bank et Al wouldn't be giving them a second glance. In South Africa, there are literally millions of worthier candidates that need support from these corporates.. But because their situation is not front and centre on social media they won't get that opportunity. If standard Bank et al went out looking for those people they would find them easily.. But that's not their primary objective.. Their primary objective is to capitalise on a feel good story for financial benefit.

Anyway.. Grinch is not gonna muddy the original feel good part of the this... Which is a cute couple getting engaged in a KFC

You just did. Spectacularly. 

You just did. Spectacularly.

I know.......I guess fair play to standard Bank.. At least they doing something good... Even it's with ulterior motives