Fox Fit4 vs SID/Reba

wapad

Just weighing up my options, I more a trail rider than racing snake, I tried searches but couldn't find anything

Besides cost of which Fox is far more expensive. Is there any differences in performance.

My Fox spent 6 weeks at Omnico. The Fox IMO is a fantastic fork, just hope nothing ever goes wrong with it. Omnico has a very bad rep. Can't comment if it's any better with RS, the three RS shocks in my family have never needed anything more than a service.

I had both and I am back on Rock Shock Sid.You cannot go wrong with Rock shock service etc.

For what it's worth, even though the FOX damper has been upgraded and it is apparently back where it should be at the top of the pile, I'm still an SRAM oke. So my vote would be the REBA.

Stiffer than the SID, same functionality and just a better chassis. SID should only be if you are really chasing grams and have lost all you can yourself. Otherwise it's just weight saving at the sacrifice of chassis stiffness.

A lowers service kit for a RS Reba costs about R200. Last time I bought one for my Fox 34 it was closer to R400. The Fox kit has 2 crush washers over and above the RS kit.

If you are happy with the feel of the Reba it is cheaper to run over a period of time

I thought the sid was stiffer than the Reba?

No. It's lighter, yes. But only due to the use of a low weight carbon crown and weight loss on the lowers for the xx version, and surgery everywhere on thr normal version.

Carbon crown would be stiffer, but lowers surgery counteracts this.

This weight loss results in flex. Reba is a stiffer chassis.

Thanks for the info, I thought maybe due to price difference, that maybe Fox was superior, doesn't sound like that's the case,

Seems  more costly to run.

Must say I am quite surprised by the comments on the ground.

I've recently owned a Reba and Fox factory 32. I think the Fox is better at the top of the stroke and perhaps the Reba is better near the mid to bottom. Overall I like a fox better for its early plushness. If I was more trail / all mountain focused then the Reba would win.

Thanks for the info, I thought maybe due to price difference, that maybe Fox was superior, doesn't sound like that's the case,

Seems  more costly to run.

Must say I am quite surprised by the comments on the ground.

Correct. I chose Reba over a sid. The Reba is stiffer, stronger and lasts better. Sid is a race fork.

I run a hard tail at sub 9kg, top end groupset with a Reba fork.

Sid is a lot more cash with very little weight benefit.

I just got a Reba 120 RL for my 2011 S-Works Epic as a 'swap out' while the e100 gets a service. Relaxes the head/seat angles a bit, haven't used it in anger yet, but looking forward to see how it goes. So far feels pretty good, though I miss the e100 brain a bit.

My Fox spent 6 weeks at Omnico. The Fox IMO is a fantastic fork, just hope nothing ever goes wrong with it. Omnico has a very bad rep. Can't comment if it's any better with RS, the three RS shocks in my family have never needed anything more than a service.

Im going through the same 6 week wait for a small issue/part replacement on my Fox. I have a Fox on my 2nd training bike and guess what it now also has a problem and needs to go in and they close in 2 weeks so I guess that is my Attakwas and holiday training down the drain. :thumbdown:

Archived