CWC Online - 1x11 XT M8000 Upgrade kit buyers

wonduhboy

Ordered XT Groupset (2x10) and Rockshox Reba RLT on Friday. Received it this morning and the wrong rotors were sent and also the remote lockout for the fork was not sent. Phoned Handre this morning and he assured me they will overnight.

Now after reading this I checked my chain (in a plastic bag) and only 112 links! Don't think that is normal for 2x10.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a 40/28 Crankset and 11-36 Cassette on a XL bike - don't think the 112links will be enough.

Hi Guys

Allot of our parts are OEM which as explained arrive without boxes to save you, the end consumer, money.

In the case of the upgrade kit let me clarify that EVERYTHING is brand new.

Sure, some may have arrived without boxed but I can assure you that it has never been used.

If you are unhappy with it the way it is please send it back to us and we will gladly refund you.

CWC prides ourselves on delivering quality service, exceptional prices and would never want a customer to feel that they have been dealt a bad hand.

Every XT Upgrade kit chain is the correct length and will work.

Should there be any further​ confusion with regards to this matter please do not hesitate to make contact with me via my email or to call me.

Kind regards

Marnitz Aucamp​

Branch Manager

CWC Online

Marnitz@cwcycles.co.za​​

Hi Guys, I have spoken to the customer telephonically and will arrange pick up to the product and replace it

Please advise if anybody has a similar issue.

Kind CWC regards

this is why i like doing business with you guys, always willing to sort out issues and to back up your products.

i'll never forget the first time i visited the shop (2 days before argus) Oom Chris was walking around apologising to everyone in the queue about the delays as there was about a thousand argus participants all buying last minute supplies (me included)

:thumbup:

Ja, I'm guessing the shifter was off another bike, as it was scratched.

The chain was in a bag - problem is it only has 113 links, not 116, so it's too short...

I could be wrong, but I dont remember seeing anything of this displayed when I bought it...

113 links is the correct length. My PC-XX1 chain is 114links long including the quik link

ordered oakleys on Friday..still waiting

the longer you wait the more you will appreciate them 

dont worry they will come - they always do

love dealing with CWC - always good service , never had issues , always gets delivered to my door .When I visited the shop this year in Cape Town ( both stores) I had the same friendly service - ITS GOOD ITS GOOD ITS GOOD 

113 links is the correct length. My PC-XX1 chain is 114links long including the quik link

Every website I've looked at has it at 116, and the ultegra HG700 which is the same chain is also 116....

yes the chain is 116links out of the box but you have to shorten it or you won't be able to use the 11t sprocket.

In your case the 113link chain is the right length. Just fit it. Probably needs a quiklink if they joining pin was not supplied

A while back I ordered a new set of finned Xtr metal brake pads . They arrived in a bank bag and had very clearly been used . The issue was resolved quickly and I was refunded in full . So thank you cwc for that . But seriously if you're going to sell used or demo stock you need to inform the customer first so that they can make that decision before buying . I will still continue to support cwc as the service is great and the pricing is slightly more reasonable than local shops . But just a criticism for future

C'mon Marrienator, where's the MISSING LINK??? Come clean man, COME CLEAN!!?

(Ek trek maar net jou veters hoor :)

I have received bits like that from Chain Reaction as well .... never had any issues with any of it

On 2 separate orders i received items that were used :eek:

Thomson seat post came without a bag and was used.Stem and bars were used and in bubblewrap.....bars were still sticky and had tape residue on them.

I only use Bike24 now.

A while back I ordered a new set of finned Xtr metal brake pads . They arrived in a bank bag and had very clearly been used . The issue was resolved quickly and I was refunded in full . So thank you cwc for that . But seriously if you're going to sell used or demo stock you need to inform the customer first so that they can make that decision before buying . I will still continue to support cwc as the service is great and the pricing is slightly more reasonable than local shops . But just a criticism for future

This and others' stories of receiving used goods is a sticky situation. First off, most retailers such as CWC and CRC will replace the part or refund you. On the other hand, why is used parts being shipped in the first place when it advertised as "new"? Do the retailers hope the customer doesn't come back to them and they save a few bucks having shipped used goods?

Wait, so people are now sitting down and counting links in a chain?  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

CWC just made my day  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

hey after ordering 39 chains they can make up another one for free from the left overs.

don't deprive

Archived