Bikehub biggest loser 2015 competition

eddy

29.9 years old (Bday this coming weekend) MTB (tried road cycling, too heavy) 128kg.

was 113kg +- 3 years ago and would like to be there again.

Have always been a big guy, used to play hooker/prop so no passion to have a sixpack or anything like that. Have set a goal, that if i want to ride the w2w next year i have to be at that weight again.

But with my bday around the corner and my parents arriving yesterday for a visit (bringing a crap load of moms cookies/biltong and droewors) i dont foresee the first week going to be very good.

But i am forcing myself to ride more, started yesterday morning, have a short night ride tonight and then i want to do at least 4 rides this week as i wont be capable this weekend.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be watching what you eat at Grapes... :devil:

The eating's not the problem, it's all the Vitamin B :) And besides, rather watch where you're riding, we all know how that normally ends up!

The eating's not the problem, it's all the Vitamin B :) And besides, rather watch where you're riding, we all know how that normally ends up!

Bwahahahahaha! I've been behaving myself of late, although from that pic last night, you wouldn't think so!  :blush:

i was committed to try lose some blubber over the festive season before this challenge - and i didnt actually want to join for incase i fall off the wagon but here i am.

i eat alot normally - although mainly seen as healthy fare.....i consume large quantities of it.

last week i cut out all grains and sugar, and had about 75g - 100g total carbs each day.

This week i am hoping to stay under 40g.

Let me just say i feel ****. 

With a crazy work schedule this week and being away from home, cycling is not possible. This means a drastic change in eating habits. Hopefully it's enough to ensure I l lose at least a few grams

i was committed to try lose some blubber over the festive season before this challenge - and i didnt actually want to join for incase i fall off the wagon but here i am.

i eat alot normally - although mainly seen as healthy fare.....i consume large quantities of it.

last week i cut out all grains and sugar, and had about 75g - 100g total carbs each day.

This week i am hoping to stay under 40g.

Let me just say i feel ****. 

Keep to it, buddy. 

about 2 weeks ago I started limiting myself to less than 30g of carbs per day. ALL from green veg sources (broccoli, spinach, mushrooms etc) and I was battling codeine withdrawal as well (cracked ribs and was on a course of 8 Adcodol a day for 3 weeks) 

I felt kaaaaaaak. Proper headaches. No energy. After 4 days It started feeling far better. Lethargy was greatly reduced, I had more energy and despite having a headache from hell, I felt physically great. 

It's so much better now. 

I can not stay away from booze....love my beer too much....been thinking of these......

http://www.gianteagle.com/ProductImages/PRODUCT_NODE_406/82488127004.jpg

29.9 years old (Bday this coming weekend) MTB (tried road cycling, too heavy) 128kg.

was 113kg +- 3 years ago and would like to be there again.

Have always been a big guy, used to play hooker/prop so no passion to have a sixpack or anything like that. Have set a goal, that if i want to ride the w2w next year i have to be at that weight again.

But with my bday around the corner and my parents arriving yesterday for a visit (bringing a crap load of moms cookies/biltong and droewors) i dont foresee the first week going to be very good.

But i am forcing myself to ride more, started yesterday morning, have a short night ride tonight and then i want to do at least 4 rides this week as i wont be capable this weekend.

I'm in the same boat- bday is Friday and my daughter is on Thursday. Usually the consultants bring cake and stuff but this year I told them I will supply the cake- banting stuff.

We had a nice dinner planned for Friday and wife will bake my favourite which is chicken pie (she bakes an awesome chicken pie). She is still sourcing for LCHF recipes. I know it won't taste the same as the real one- but there's that hamper with my name on it and that first sub 3 CTCT.

I can not stay away from booze....love my beer too much....been thinking of these......

Seems like a lot of wasted effort....

Those make Tumbleweed buy silly shoes, I'd beware of them ....

I'm in the same boat- bday is Friday and my daughter is on Thursday. Usually the consultants bring cake and stuff but this year I told them I will supply the cake- banting stuff.

We had a nice dinner planned for Friday and wife will bake my favourite which is chicken pie (she bakes an awesome chicken pie). She is still sourcing for LCHF recipes. I know it won't taste the same as the real one- but there's that hamper with my name on it and that first sub 3 CTCT.

Goodluck with that! Im going to throw exercise at my problem at first, the proper diet will start next week.

So then manne....what do real men drink that want to lose weight......I love my beer too much......

I was thinking of a circumcision......but a sudden 12 kg. drop would make you guys suspicious......

So then manne....what do real men drink that want to lose weight......I love my beer too much......

I was thinking of a circumcision......but a sudden 12 kg. drop would make you guys suspicious......

Whisky. A glass or 2 of wine. Castle Lite (seriously - FAR lower carbo count)

But first prize is the pure spirits like whiskey and vodka etc.

Sorry gents, I am a day late (Day to your advantage)..

Only saw this this morning, and its exactly what I need, a little healthy competition.

I have registered just now, and will be pushing it hard!

:)

:)

Kind Regards,
Tim

Guest notmyname

Hey Gerald. Please add my lardy ass to this list. My device will not let me edit the document. 1m76 @ 92kg

thank you. Picture to follow.

It seems that my scale at home is a liar and cheat. I weighed myself at the warehouse and I'm actually 93.5kg.

post-85428-0-60217700-1449562364_thumb.jpg

93.5, 1m76, Gauteng, Mtb and the road bug is currently sinking it's fangs deeper with each outing.

Archived