Buycycle.co.za rant

ewald99

Also saw the Bruce logo on the site.  Oh well.  Off to find another place I can buy things from.

He is a smart guy with a business that's been around for 28 years. We figured he is the type of businessman we would like to be involved with. 

I would love to know what the letdown is? Pricing online will remain the best we can possibly find. 

Thanks!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No problems so far. Used them a couple of times. Ordered something there last week. Will see what happens.

Stuff got sent off on Friday and I just picked up my package. Still happy with them

Glad to know, we're constantly pushing our couriers for faster delivery times.

Got a mail from Kristie on Friday at 11:52am. Package arrived today. Thats pretry quick in my books. Well done!

What's the general issue with BR Cycles? Why the negativity? I'm asking cause there is one close to me.....

PM me for details if you want to.

Ok I cannot dispute anything in the reply from Buycycle above, it is all factually correct.

They did call me eventually after they saw this post to discuss this. They still do not have stock and have now agreed to refund me the amount. As of now I still have not received a refund but I trust I will have the refund soon and that it will be the correct amount.

Personally for me I will not order from them again, not because of their attitude or anything (although the guy who tried to make me take the downgrade at the same price was not very nice) but because of the following:

1. The stock system is flawed. If you have a 1 day lag on confirmation of stock levels then the order should not be processed and my money taken until you are sure you have the stock. I also prefer to buy from stores that only show items they actually have as being in stock.

2. Despite the apology on this forum I do not think it was acceptable for this to take almost 2 weeks to resolve, and that no reply was given to my email and chat requests.

Once they responded I found them to be friendly and helpful but I would rather take my money elsewhere.

I have bought from them before and it was not a great experience.

I bought rotors and adapters and they delivered one rotor which was the wrong one and one adapter. They had both goods in a zip log back and the adapter had scratches on it and could have also scrapped the rotor.

I must say, they do have good prices but there are to many excuses i think. Great that they have apologised and explained things but how long before the system and courier issues get sorted?

I have bought from them before and it was not a great experience.

I bought rotors and adapters and they delivered one rotor which was the wrong one and one adapter. They had both goods in a zip log back and the adapter had scratches on it and could have also scrapped the rotor.

I must say, they do have good prices but there are to many excuses i think. Great that they have apologised and explained things but how long before the system and courier issues get sorted?

Prices are not as good as CWC,Easybike and Evobikes

Ok I cannot dispute anything in the reply from Buycycle above, it is all factually correct.

They did call me eventually after they saw this post to discuss this. They still do not have stock and have now agreed to refund me the amount. As of now I still have not received a refund but I trust I will have the refund soon and that it will be the correct amount.

Personally for me I will not order from them again, not because of their attitude or anything (although the guy who tried to make me take the downgrade at the same price was not very nice) but because of the following:

1. The stock system is flawed. If you have a 1 day lag on confirmation of stock levels then the order should not be processed and my money taken until you are sure you have the stock. I also prefer to buy from stores that only show items they actually have as being in stock.

2. Despite the apology on this forum I do not think it was acceptable for this to take almost 2 weeks to resolve, and that no reply was given to my email and chat requests.

Once they responded I found them to be friendly and helpful but I would rather take my money elsewhere.

Stock levels updated daily? By someone with a clipboard and pencil?

Prices are not as good as CWC,Easybike and Evobikes

I found they did have good prices, although, i have not checked their site in a while as i am always on the ones you have mentioned as they have lots of specials on the go :)

This kind of stuff happens at most online retailers, its not even specific to cycling.

They rely on stock lists provided by suppliers mostly and if the item is listed as in stock by the supplier then the online retailer lists it as in stock.

Not Im not trying to defend Buycycle here, it could have been dealt with sooner and without the need for a thread to be started.

Im just explaining where most online retailers come from.

Unless you have the warehouses and capital that takealot does then you cant carry large amounts of stock, especially if it isnt a slow moving item.

I had exactly the same thing happen to me with Evobikes, after 2 months and repeated mails I lost my cool and got refunded. Regardless of stock situation a little communication goes a seriously long way.

Hello Ewald,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience on the site. Please allow me to explain what might have happened.

We have recently partnered with a retailer that has 3 fairly large stores, this simply allows us to have access to more stock and brands to sell. In the past we only relied on suppliers to give us stock sheets to work from. The partnership with the stores are supposed to give us better delivery time and actual stock to ship. The gremlin you experienced is something we are working on at the moment, essentially:

- We update our stock sheets daily, but if someone buys the item in the store on that specific date our system still shows as in stock and does not update immediately.

- We then resort to the distributors to find the item if the store does not have any left.

- If the distributor is also out of stock we try to manage the situation by finding an alternative.

In this case we've failed miserably and would like to apologise. We're continuously working at improving the system and rants like this motivates us to be better.

I'm working with the team to find out where in the process.

Our team will be in contact.

Please explain why you couldn't have had the decency to at least reply to the guys emails and kept him in the loop, potentially preventing this thread ever even happening?

There are few things more frustrating than suppliers that don't reply to emails once they have your money, very poor show.

Edited by Skylark

Got a mail from Kristie on Friday at 11:52am. Package arrived today. Thats pretry quick in my books. Well done!

I can tell you from personal experience that Kristie is an absolute winner!

When it comes to resolving problems she is unbelievably tenacious and communicates constantly to provide updates on progress with suppliers / couriers /etc.

If there are more people like Kristie in the Buycycle business they will absolutely succeed.

I can tell you from personal experience that Kristie is an absolute winner!

When it comes to resolving problems she is unbelievably tenacious and communicates constantly to provide updates on progress with suppliers / couriers /etc.

If there are more people like Kristie in the Buycycle business they will absolutely succeed.

Yup. She kept in touch and mailed me daily to keep me up to date. Buycycle even phoned me today to make sure I got my parcel. I for one cant complain.

I have had only bad dealings with BRC and always left feeling as if I wasted their time. They were not interested in selling my first bike so I haven't bought any of my other 9 from them either. I have bought from Buycycle before and they first delivered all the bits that I only ordered as an afterthought and THEN told me that the main part I was looking for isn't available anymore. I certainly don't want to be involved in that marriage.