Someone wanting to buy my Scott Spark

ZakAttak

If you're selling something, Gumtree, BikeHub, wherever... and a guy messages/calls to tell you he'll take it and he wants your bank detail's, 90% chance it's a scam, especially if they don't even request to look at it or even at least ask about condition of the item etc.

Last item I was selling an item, guy messages to say he wants the item, I knew it was a scam, sent him fake bank details, not long after I got a payment confirmation SMS on my phone (fake of course). I found some inconvenient address somewhere in the bundu's, and sent the guy the address, got a a call about 3 hours later that the driver is outside the address to collect, I hung up the call and blocked the number...

I felt happy I wasted the guys time and maybe about R200 of his money on petrol... 

Edited by Catatonic_Joe

If you're selling something, Gumtree, BikeHub, wherever... and a guy messages/calls to tell you he'll take it and he wants your bank detail's, 90% chance it's a scam, especially if they don't even request to look at it or even at least ask about condition of the item etc.

Last item I was selling an item, guy messages to say he wants the item, I knew it was a scam, sent him fake bank details, not long after I got a payment confirmation SMS on my phone (fake of course). I found some inconvenient address somewhere in the bundu's, and sent the guy the address, got a a call about 3 hours later that the driver is outside the address to collect, I hung up the call and blocked the number...

I felt happy I wasted the guys time and maybe about R200 of his money on petrol...

That is actually quite clever, I will remember that for the future. Will send the guy to the most remote police station I can find. Dont want to send dodgy people to someone elses house.

That is actually quite clever, I will remember that for the future. Will send the guy to the most remote police station I can find. Dont want to send dodgy people to someone elses house.

Yeah, wasn't someones house that I sent him to, looked more like an abandoned factory/warehouse on Google.

Yeah, wasn't someones house that I sent him to, looked more like an abandoned factory/warehouse on Google.

I wish I could have seen his face when he realised he was scammed/tricked.

So Buzzman, what did/ are you going to do?

I already blocked the twit from messaging me and hopefully that will stop the annoying waste of time...

I already blocked the twit from messaging me and hopefully that will stop the annoying waste of time...

Prolly the right thing to do.  You will never beat them at their game.