Read any good books this holiday?

Vetseun

Yebo, according to Louis L'Amour himself he was a professional boxer who won something like 51 out of 59 matches. However, his son, who researched his career in order to publish a biography, found it difficult 

Snip...

I think you read the only sci-fi book LL ever wrote - I quite forgot he wrote Haunted Mesa, as it wasn't one of my favourite books. But I loved his books growing up, spent all my time in secondhand bookshops and read them all to pieces. 

Snip....

Although, my favourite Western novel of all time is and always will be Shane, by Jack Schaefer.

Yah, thats the one Haunted Mesa, absolute drivel.

I dont read much fiction anymore and I havent read "Shane" so maybe I'll download it when I feel like some easy light reading.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have any of you read any Jo Nesbo books?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Interesting..I think I may just try that author..

I just finished his Cradle books. Even better than his Traveler's Gate books! Seriously, at one stage last night I had to put the book down because my heart was pounding so hard from the adrenaline...

I am now a Will Wight worshipper.

My one son started reading the GoT books and the other started reading The Magician. . The eldest even snuck the Magician into the car on the way to school just to get those extra 10-15min reading in..[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I just finished his Cradle books. Even better than his Traveler's Gate books! Seriously, at one stage last night I had to put the book down because my heart was pounding so hard from the adrenaline...

I am now a Will Wight worshipper.

Well that does sound like something I should give a try then.. I just finished Blood on Snow after a bit of time off of reading after the Crow Girl screwed with my head..and have Midnight Sun waiting..so will track him down after and start.

• 2 weeks later...

reading this at the moment. 

Loving it. Very easy reading as well, which is great to catch up before bed - nothing too hectic.

post-44041-0-38550400-1505301940_thumb.png

Finished the Faithful and the Fallen series by John Gwynne.

Fantastic series, but definitely not for novice fantasy readers. First of all, the books are HUGE, varying from 650 to 800 pages per book. Second, the cast is gigantic (literally, it has giants) and especially at the beginning it is difficult to keep track of who's who in this zoo, with the names of regions, castles, clans and characters all thrown at you with the speed of a charging wolven (like a wolf, but bigger and smarter). Third, Gwynne shifts the pov with every chapter which can be disorienting if you're not completely familiar with all the characters yet.

However, once you get over those bumps it becomes a dizzying, stomach-clenching ride full of twists and turns, quite capable of leaving you breathless, with adrenaline pumping and holding on for dear life.

27411345.jpg

Just finished Bruce Springsteen's autobiography, Born to Run.

Highly recommend.

Also,

Walkaway by Corey Doctorow, another highly recommend.

Edited by DawieO