What time do you get up to ride?

Sp!ke

That sounds a bit like me, all except the bike team bit anyway. 

In summer I usually wake up around 6.30am, walk downstairs and make coffee, enjoy it with a small pastry of sorts, potter around till 8am then go out and do a ride which can be as short as the first coffee shop or as long as I feel.

I seldom get to bed before midnight though.

Been retired has its perks.!  

In winter I still wake up at 6.30am go downstairs and make coffee etc but then I just turn the heater up and read a book. :P  

You are living the dream bud  :thumbup:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was up at 4:10, sat up on my bed for 20mins listening to the wind and rain, and waiting for a msg from my cuz to confirm if he's joining... got that msg at 8... I was at the office already after doing 26km in sh!t wind and some rain.

I get up around 7 get out of bed around 9 

I dont worry about nothing cause worrying is a waste of my...time

(Guns N Roses  :devil: )

Need to improve my sleep training for 2016, so I can keep getting up early and not feel wasted on my rides! Just get to bed too late...

I get up at 04:00 to 04:10 to be on the road by 04:30. If I am doing a 2h:30 ride, I get up at 03:30 as I have to be back at home by latest 06:45 to get ready for work. I always allow the 15 min in case I get a puncture.

I have been following this routine for the last two years and my body got so used to this that I wake up just before my alarm goes off most of the days.

I always get that day somewhere in the week where I just cannot get up and I am forced to work in a rest day in the schedule.

I have to say that I have found early mornings the most effective way to train. Almost no traffic and when you get home from work at the end of the day, you can still get to your chores in the house and have some family time.

I must admit that for me personally early mornings is the best time to train. I also find that my heart rate is a lot lower in the morning than in the evenings.

I'm waking up at 5 tomorrow to be at the barn at 6. Weekend is pretty much all for me. I'm at the office at 6am an usually leave at about 7pm. I would love to ride every morning though. Great ride weekend to all ????

I just dont get up during the week for a cycle. I have an 18 month old baby girl and 13 week pregnant wife so trying to get up during the week is a challenge.

Baby wakes up anything from 5:30-06:00 so we get up then (she sleeps through the night so thats awsome) and give her bottle.

Wife hops in the shower and only then do i shovel in some planks, push ups and stretches and then hop in the shower.

On the weekends, i get up when baby gets up at time mentioned, give bottle, have some family time then head off to the trails and generally back between 09:00-10:00. I try get in a ride Saturday and Sunday but mostly it's either or dye to family amd home maintenence commitments.

The gentleman's hour... 5 past the crack of 9. Coffee shops are empty, roads are empty in CT, trails are empty on the mountain and tsotsi's have either had their fun with the early morning brigade or are still sleeping it off. 

No need to rush these things. ;)

I just dont get up during the week for a cycle. I have an 18 month old baby girl and 13 week pregnant wife so trying to get up during the week is a challenge.

Baby wakes up anything from 5:30-06:00 so we get up then (she sleeps through the night so thats awsome) and give her bottle.

Wife hops in the shower and only then do i shovel in some planks, push ups and stretches and then hop in the shower.

On the weekends, i get up when baby gets up at time mentioned, give bottle, have some family time then head off to the trails and generally back between 09:00-10:00. I try get in a ride Saturday and Sunday but mostly it's either or dye to family amd home maintenence commitments.

http://www.condomchoice.co.uk/catalog/images/durex-fetherlite-condoms.jpg

http://www.condomchoice.co.uk/catalog/images/durex-fetherlite-condoms.jpghttp://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1nuAyHFXXXXX8XpXXq6xXFXXXV/120pcs-lot-New-High-Quality-Hot-Sell-Durex-Condoms-Original-Sex-Durex-Condoms-Sex-Products-Sex.jpg

I sometimes manage a dawnie on my bike, but really only because I missed a ride or three in the last week or so, or because the missus kicks me out of bed.

I used to find it MUCH easier to get up for a dawnie when I still surfed, as NOTHING, and I mean N O T H I N G comes close to a early morning crisp, smooth as glass surf. Especially when the waves are of a nice size and barreling on an outgoing tide on a point break like Victoria Bay where I hail from.

Aye, I miss those days. I might take up surfing again after all.

Oh I have been so bad about waking up early this year thus far, before November last year it use to be much easier getting up at 4am or 4:15am (depending which route I will ride or if I plan to have coffee before the time or not) and then be on the road at 4:30, ride till 6-06:15ish and then at work at 7am.

I think I need to do this from tomorrow again, because thunderstorms are quite interrupting the afternoon riding.

Archived