Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

I let myself down badly yesterday...

After a good stretch of controlling my snacking, I stopped at Woollies on the way home:

1x150g bag of Free Range Beef Droe Wors

1x150g bag of Chutney Naks

1x150g bag of chocolate coated peanuts.

Ate them all on the way home..

450g of snack but the scale will somehow jump up 2kgs :lol:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My weight slowly crept up to 72.5kg last week, so I after dialing in my nutrition again it has come back down to 71.4 this morning. I am hoping to lose at least another 3-4 kg by 94.7 (ideally I would like to get to around 67kg).

One thing that was the biggest tripping hazard is the belief that I deserved a treat, and that happening way too often. It used to be a couple of times over the weekend, then a few more times during the week due to high levels of stress. Then it started happening every day, and sometimes even more than once a day. From now on treats will no longer be in food/drink form. I'll rather save up the cash and buy something for the bike, the gym, or myself. 

106 dead.

Just been controlling intake and exercising as much as possible. Haven't touched any wine or beer in a week. Also on the Couch to 10k running programme, and started hiking every weekend.

Another thing I've done is join Sleek Geek, and enrolled in their 8 week ultimate you challenge. I've joined a team as well, so there's a bit more accountability.

Morning wake ups are getting easier, so no longer am I hitting snooze until it's too late to do anything.

Small changes amounting to what I hope will be a big one

Well done losers! Keep up the good work! I started to detox on Teusday (Monday is no good as it is Spurs burger special) Was 103.1 on Tues am now at 100.8 One more day of fruit salad and then back to using the kitchen scale with meals. My wife has lost 6kg in two weeks on the slender wonder programme. I hope to do the same.

I would like to join next year not to loose weight but to loose Fat %,

I want to create similar thread soon as I've dropped way past my original goal weight and now focusing on getting my body into a better state.

My current BFP is 18% according to crude measurements, want to get to 14% at least

Ok, so I haven't followed everything from the start, but I think it's a good thing motivating each other. Time for me to chime in.

I started - once again - 4 weeks ago at 103kg, currently at 97kg. Target is 85kg which is doable with some discipline. In my experience it is mostly about what goes in the pie hole, but exercise does contribute. "You can't out train a bad diet" - especially approaching the middle ages...

Before Winter I trained hard and ate like a king and actually gained weight, so now I'm going to nail this from all angles.

What works for me is an OOOOOLD Weight Watchers formula. You get your points for a day, and you stick to it. Keep your home temptation free and don't go shopping on an empty stomach. Simple, nê?

Ok, so I haven't followed everything from the start, but I think it's a good thing motivating each other. Time for me to chime in.

I started - once again - 4 weeks ago at 103kg, currently at 97kg. Target is 85kg which is doable with some discipline. In my experience it is mostly about what goes in the pie hole, but exercise does contribute. "You can't out train a bad diet" - especially approaching the middle ages...

Before Winter I trained hard and ate like a king and actually gained weight, so now I'm going to nail this from all angles.

What works for me is an OOOOOLD Weight Watchers formula. You get your points for a day, and you stick to it. Keep your home temptation free and don't go shopping on an empty stomach. Simple, nê?

Especially when you go to Woollies and you have to walk through the "Aisle of Temptation" on your way to pay!!

Especially when you go to Woollies and you have to walk through the "Aisle of Temptation" on your way to pay!!

Them aisles are evil and should be banned!

Edit: On a serious note, those aisles are a real money spinner. ESPECIALLY going there with a couple of toddlers in tow!

Edited by Halfdoesyn

Still hanging between 96 and 95, just can't seem to get below 95 for good.  Really hard to stay motivated and on track if you eat clean and train without seeing results.  But I need to keep on going, would love to see 90kg one day!!