139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wagon, Off, Fall...1.4kg up :blush: , Rodrigez, wife's 40th Party, beer, Whiskey, and pudding in no particular order.

Will be a better week this week. :thumbup:

Progress is way to slow. Was really hoping to be sub 90 KG for CTCT, but at the current rate I won't make it.

I guess I shouldn't complain. progress is progress after all

Progress is way to slow. Was really hoping to be sub 90 KG for CTCT, but at the current rate I won't make it.

I guess I shouldn't complain. progress is progress after all

That's what I'm clinging to... 

Yeah, I've just had a weekend full of refined carb and sugar, loads of water and such. It shows...

Me too  :blush:

Well I don't think my problem is MS, but for some reason I retain water after a ride.

Saturday was quite warm so I drank a lot of water after my ride and during the day, I would guess about 4 - 5 litres. I think I only peed twice. Between Saturday and Sunday I picked up about 2 kg's, but lost most if it during Sunday again.

however this morning I'm still heavier than what I was on Saturday morning, about 300g taking into account that I didn't cheat during the weekend. Saturday's ride was also fasted with no drinks or bars.

Anybody else also experiencing this water retention thing or have some explanation for it?

Well I don't think my problem is MS, but for some reason I retain water after a ride.

Saturday was quite warm so I drank a lot of water after my ride and during the day, I would guess about 4 - 5 litres. I think I only peed twice. Between Saturday and Sunday I picked up about 2 kg's, but lost most if it during Sunday again.

however this morning I'm still heavier than what I was on Saturday morning, about 300g taking into account that I didn't cheat during the weekend. Saturday's ride was also fasted with no drinks or bars.

Anybody else also experiencing this water retention thing or have some explanation for it?

heat. It's a bugger... 

Don't want to upset anyone but my wife's dietitian mate says that 'water retention' is a common excuse used for weight gain, her comment 'it's not water it's flab' ... No idea how factual it is though  :blush:

Don't want to upset anyone but my wife's dietitian mate says that 'water retention' is a common excuse used for weight gain, her comment 'it's not water it's flab' ... No idea how factual it is though  :blush:

Tell that to women at every 4 week interval... 

As for water retention - if you drink 4l and only go to the toilet twice, and can literally feel your hands getting bigger whilst exercising (had that happen a few times - had to take my ring off and it was an absolute bastard to remove)

Does this dietician mate also scoff at Banting, and new research linking sugar rather than fat to cardiac events?

Tell that to women at every 4 week interval... 

As for water retention - if you drink 4l and only go to the toilet twice, and can literally feel your hands getting bigger whilst exercising (had that happen a few times - had to take my ring off and it was an absolute bastard to remove)

Does this dietician mate also scoff at Banting, and new research linking sugar rather than fat to cardiac events?

That's why I said I am not sure if it's 'factual' - remember she says that I should not be alive on the diet I'm on never mind be able to ride a bike as much as I do 'you don't get enough calories in' she told me ....

That's why I said I am not sure if it's 'factual' - remember she says that I should not be alive on the diet I'm on never mind be able to ride a bike as much as I do 'you don't get enough calories in' she told me ....

ah. A denialist... 

I had a pie and coke yesterday for breakfast...I freaken dont even eat that junk on normal bad eating days :( 

I am up 0.5kg this morning. (after being the exact same for 3 days prior) Unbelievable! 

Bad timing to eat like that on an 'off' day also. urgh!

I had a pie and coke yesterday for breakfast...I freaken dont even eat that junk on normal bad eating days :(

I am up 0.5kg this morning. (after being the exact same for 3 days prior) Unbelievable! 

Bad timing to eat like that on an 'off' day also. urgh!

Sometimes, you gotta feed the monster... 

I used to eat like that every morning, but then I was riding 2h a day and gym on top of that. So it didn't matter... 

Now, though, I LOOK at a pie and I gain 5kg.. 

Archived