Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

Portion control + realistic diet + lots of running = dropped almost 15kgs in a year. Easy to keep off now as it becomes a habit

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still hanging between 96 and 95, just can't seem to get below 95 for good.  Really hard to stay motivated and on track if you eat clean and train without seeing results.  But I need to keep on going, would love to see 90kg one day!!

just keep going, you will get there eventually. Not an easy road but soo worth when you get to your destination.

just keep going, you will get there eventually. Not an easy road but soo worth when you get to your destination.

Shot bru thx.

Still hanging between 96 and 95, just can't seem to get below 95 for good.  Really hard to stay motivated and on track if you eat clean and train without seeing results.  But I need to keep on going, would love to see 90kg one day!!

What's your diet like? If you're eating well and training you really should lose weight... (provided you have something to lose)

Maybe there's something in there doing you no favours?

We all hit plateau's every now and then - I got stuck around 87kg's for a wee bit, but seem to have gotten through it now by just soldiering on. 85 starting to show face on the scale some days now. Keep it up and you will hit your goals  :thumbup: 

My diet is not to bad, keeping track of what I eat. One of my major problems is portion size.  If I cut it after a couple of days I feel like eating the fridge, the tv and the kids.  Not taking in lots of added sugars and controlling the carbs.  I try to get enough exercise and rest in as well.  I have come down from 113kg 3 years ago, and I think the last time I weighed in on 95kg was standard 9 many years ago.  Just need to get that big breakthrough again, like when I klapped 100kg for a six.  Hopefully now with the summer months coming up I will increase the exercises.

My diet is not to bad, keeping track of what I eat. One of my major problems is portion size.  If I cut it after a couple of days I feel like eating the fridge, the tv and the kids.  Not taking in lots of added sugars and controlling the carbs.  I try to get enough exercise and rest in as well.  I have come down from 113kg 3 years ago, and I think the last time I weighed in on 95kg was standard 9 many years ago.  Just need to get that big breakthrough again, like when I klapped 100kg for a six.  Hopefully now with the summer months coming up I will increase the exercises.

Nice thing with my eating these days is I don't worry about how much I eat... as my carb intake is low. I eat when I'm hungry. I do keep main meal portions to a sensible size, and I've got healthy snacks at home and the office should I get any cravings, but in all honesty I seldom do.

Healthy snacks: Almonds, Macs, Biltong, Tuna, Boiled Eggs, Full Cream/Fat Sugar Free Yoghurt etc

Really make it a lot harder to fall off the wagon  :thumbup:

After 3 days of fruit salad I only dropped 2.6kg. A bit bleak about it but I suppose it is better than nothing.

Tried my hand at IF for the past 2 weeks... I don't think it's for me. Gained 2kg and I always feel hungry, even in the feeding window. I end up eating much larger portions than I normally would, offsetting whatever I gained by skipping breakfast and my mid-morning snack.

I'll be going back to 5 small meals a day from today, concentrating on no sugar, a bit of protein with every meal and loads of veggies. 

After 3 days of fruit salad I only dropped 2.6kg. A bit bleak about it but I suppose it is better than nothing.

Nothing wrong with that. Well done!!

That's good, well done.

Thanks guys! I was just looking at my calorie intake, it was 783 for the last three days so I was expecting a bigger change. But almost a kg a day is not bad. Now to carry on with the programme. Looking forward to some protein.

That's seriously super weight loss... I could hit my goal weight in 6 days!

My worry though would be how much of that will come back on when you stop eating just fruit salad? Your body will be expecting an awful lot of sugar... and that usually leads to all kind of cravings, binges etc. Let us know how it goes getting back to 'normal'? Would be very interested  :thumbup:

Whatever you lose, whatever your goals, the long term plan has to be something sustainable... we should never lose sight of that.

Pieter1 if you watch this video it sounds about right...if you need 2500 calories to keep your body going per day and you only eat 783 for 3 days...there is a good chance you gona loose a *** house full of weight.

Archived