Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

The sportsdevil addon works fine for me, on Kodi v17... for all sports. I use one of three links (LS Hunter, Live TV and another). Eurosport, ITV4, SkySports and more are available.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However, the Tiz-cycling.racing stream is by far the best one... thanks Gen (if she ever reads this thread).

Usually watch on my phone/tablet - which free's up the Kodi for my girls/wife.

Anyone able to load a DSTV app into Kodi or an Android player?

Works on Android and Apple devices, yes.

I have tried to side-load the Android OS (Marshmallow and Nougat) onto my RPi, but it's not worth the effort, when I can get everything (except channels 144-146 for the wife) I need through Kodi.      Don't need DStv in my life (personal opinion and nothing to do with your post).

So got MetalKettle installed via the Fusion repository... it gives me BT Eurosport which is streaming Giro at the moment.

Stupid question, how do I remote control this, don't really want to leave a KB and mouse attached if i can avoid it.

G

Either get a remote (especially one with a keyboard on the flip side), else control Kodi with app on your phone

Works on Android and Apple devices, yes.

I have tried to side-load the Android OS (Marshmallow and Nougat) onto my RPi, but it's not worth the effort, when I can get everything (except channels 144-146 for the wife) I need through Kodi.      Don't need DStv in my life (personal opinion and nothing to do with your post).

I sometimes stream DSTV through the PC when the android box is tied up. One of the few I get in HD.

Tiz is also good picture on PV however not suitable for TDF as ASO normally/often shuts down pirate stream.

There is a thread under international cycling with the best PC based streams.

can you point me to where to get the mobdro add on?

G

I've given up on Sportsdevil, having to guess which stream to watch is beyond me. I loaded mobdro and have no problems just choosing the channel that has my stuff running. Quality is no quite HD sometimes.

Kodi app on phone: hmm sounds interesting, in my reading haven't gotten any mention of it... can you point me in the right direction?

G

Either get a remote (especially one with a keyboard on the flip side), else control Kodi with app on your phone

As mentioned, looked at Sportdevil and actually only found a handful of channels below the life sport, life tv and sport ... 

G

Within Sportsdevil go to sports tv and work way through the links, else live sports, and see what is playing at the time in one of the links.

Also look at the phoenix addon as well as goodfellas

think you need to pop over for coffee and help...

My TV remote is IR, so how does that tell the app on the rPI what to do... ?

G

Try using your TV remote, if your TV supports HDCP should work fine... 

... hmmm with all these add on's there a sh$t load of channels, alllll over the place, and some with something just called Link 1 and Link 2 ...

How the h3ll does a person find anything, or am I missing something.

Some of the add on's does list the Euro channel names, so sure that helps, but guess I will have to learn which add on's carry Sky, or where / if I can find ITV4 etc, what BT Sport 1 and 2 is.

G

Kodi app on phone: hmm sounds interesting, in my reading haven't gotten any mention of it... can you point me in the right direction?

G

you get from the Play store

Kore. a kodi  remote

or

kodi itself..

I have both..

Thanks, got a remote, will try this afternoon.

G

you get from the Play store

Kore. a kodi  remote

or

kodi itself..

I have both..

Thanks, got a remote, will try this afternoon.

G

Sybu Kodi remote works well, iOS or Android, it just needs a little setting up if you're using 17.

... hmmm with all these add on's there a sh$t load of channels, alllll over the place, and some with something just called Link 1 and Link 2 ...

How the h3ll does a person find anything, or am I missing something.

Some of the add on's does list the Euro channel names, so sure that helps, but guess I will have to learn which add on's carry Sky, or where / if I can find ITV4 etc, what BT Sport 1 and 2 is.

G

learn some of the kodi keyboard shortcuts... then if you find a channel like Eurosport that works well... then you can press control C and add the stream to favourites.  to find your favourites, click on the "star" icon bottom left and will bring up your favourites list.... becomes a quick way to navigate http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

Just finished watching a quick guide to kodi, informative, and ye, also covered favorites.

perfect, will make life easier in the sea of options

G

learn some of the kodi keyboard shortcuts... then if you find a channel like Eurosport that works well... then you can press control C and add the stream to favourites.  to find your favourites, click on the "star" icon bottom left and will bring up your favourites list.... becomes a quick way to navigate http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls