Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm...I have an Xbox in the cupboard that isn't being used - I'll give this a go and let you know.

I'm assuming I can ask the google machine for instructions on how to setup?

Edit: A quick google search shows that I'd have to install Kodi on another device...can't install directly on XBOX. Doesn't help me then unfortunately

I've got kodi loaded on my XBOne, with a few repositories. Just wanna see if it can get the same sources. 

Anyone here using kodi on an xbox? How's it working out for you?

Just Installed it, tried to load my library but forgot Xbone does not support SMB/Samba file share... thus making the whole exercise pointless for me..

and UPnP in Kodi is well stupidly ***.

for me the best would be running Plex through Kodi.. But might as well just run Plex straight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using Terrarium TV on my media player now. Showbox seemed to stop working. Plus the incessant popups are.... Um..... Annoying.

Terrarium works well for me but 90% of my viewing is from youtube.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone experiencing issues with scraping.. it plays sometimes the wrong episodes and doesn't have much rd content. Tried Covenant,Incursion and Placenta

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Anyone experiencing issues with scraping.. it plays sometimes the wrong episodes and doesn't have much rd content. Tried Covenant,Incursion and Placenta

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nope ..all good my side...using Placenta and Real Debrid.

Have a little struggle at the moment. Got a few Pi devices on MyBroadband.  One is a Pi 2.  I installed OSMC on it and loaded a few spinning videos on it for my mom.  It will connect to a projector that they can use in front of the IDT. 

But it is easy for me to take the remote and find the videos that I loaded, and it might not be so easy for my mom to get to the videos. 

So what I would like to do is to get the videos to list on the videos screen, but I can't seem to get that to work at all.  I have no Add-ons installed on the device as the old people has no internet access.  I tried adding the videos as it tells me to add the source, but that does not work at all. 

Any advice.  The videos are from Youtube from GNC's training range.

Have a little struggle at the moment. Got a few Pi devices on MyBroadband.  One is a Pi 2.  I installed OSMC on it and loaded a few spinning videos on it for my mom.  It will connect to a projector that they can use in front of the IDT. 

But it is easy for me to take the remote and find the videos that I loaded, and it might not be so easy for my mom to get to the videos. 

So what I would like to do is to get the videos to list on the videos screen, but I can't seem to get that to work at all.  I have no Add-ons installed on the device as the old people has no internet access.  I tried adding the videos as it tells me to add the source, but that does not work at all. 

Any advice.  The videos are from Youtube from GNC's training range.

have you tried as below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrETpqrdsHw

I tried it on all 3 of my OSMC systems.  I am sitting here thinking of getting something like LibreELEC to see if that will make a change.  

The main media system I am running at home is connected to a NAS with 3 HDD's and it is not listing the shows either.  The problem is that the SO is not taking control as OSMC scares her :)

Yes I did yesterday, did not work.

if you did everything as in the video, including changing the content type to movies/tv series. it should work..

Question.. what network type are you using to access the NAS? SMB/UPnp?

if you did everything as in the video, including changing the content type to movies/tv series. it should work..

Question.. what network type are you using to access the NAS? SMB/UPnp?

NAS runs on SMB.

I think I am overlooking something.  

NAS runs on SMB.

I think I am overlooking something.  

IF it SMB it should work..

UPnp however doesn't work on Kodi. you can watch using it but will not load to the library..

try loading LibreElec.. think that was the last OS I Used in my PI's and never had such an issue.