Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Been streaming off Posiden and Covenant with no buffering issues at all. Takes a while for HD streams of movies to be available but no real issue with buffering.

We don;t have a real debrid account.

Also Lucky with Fantastic finding streams without issues but I did struggle a few months ago. At the moment making use of a free month of Netflix though

• 2 weeks later...

I also have no problems streaming movies and series. But Sportsdevil is not working at all. No streams for any rugby or anything. So I have the same problem as Joe.

Just bought a Mediabox 4k. Must say Im impressed. Works with mini Rii keyboard,and found this app called Uktvnow. 100's of channels from all over the world, from Sky to BBC to AMC. Any channel you can think of. Only thing is the quality of the stream is not so good.

Amazon fire stick named best home streaming device in some awards ceremony that read big enough to make sky news.. Just caught the back end of the story

Kodi is becoming painful... We resorted to setting up a download service and using Plex again...

So power surges yesterday afternoon destroyed my MX-6 Media Box. I was using it for Kodi and perfectly happy so looking for a replacement.

Whats the recommendation? Amazon Firestick? Mediabox 4K?

I chose the MX-6 because it was cheap...I don't need the fanciest thing out there. Have a bluetooth remote keyboard which I bought for the MX-6

So power surges yesterday afternoon destroyed my MX-6 Media Box. I was using it for Kodi and perfectly happy so looking for a replacement.

Whats the recommendation? Amazon Firestick? Mediabox 4K?

I chose the MX-6 because it was cheap...I don't need the fanciest thing out there. Have a bluetooth remote keyboard which I bought for the MX-6

I cant comment on the Firestick, but Mediabox is still going strong and works ok.

The only thing I had noticed is that if you connect via wifi, the speed and signal is not that good. Works perfectly with Ethernet. Also struggling with showmax signing out by itself and cant sign in for some reason.

From a price perspective I'm more then happy with my firestick. I run Kodi Netflix Plex and YouTube (which includes casting ability).. Which is all I need. Works perfectly with the remote.. No keyboard needed. Sometimes can be a little bit sluggish.. But not overly slow and a reboot usually sorts they out. To me.. For the price is worth the gamble...I saw someone selling one on here the other day too.

Small disclaimer... Adding Kodi requires sideloading. Google explains how and it's very easy

I cant comment on the Firestick, but Mediabox is still going strong and works ok.

The only thing I had noticed is that if you connect via wifi, the speed and signal is not that good. Works perfectly with Ethernet. Also struggling with showmax signing out by itself and cant sign in for some reason.

Thanks. I use an ethernet cable to connect the TV box anyway so WIFI wouldn't be an issue for me.

Anyone here using kodi on an xbox? How's it working out for you?

Hmmmm...I have an Xbox in the cupboard that isn't being used - I'll give this a go and let you know.

I'm assuming I can ask the google machine for instructions on how to setup?

Edit: A quick google search shows that I'd have to install Kodi on another device...can't install directly on XBOX. Doesn't help me then unfortunately

Edited by travisza

From a price perspective I'm more then happy with my firestick. I run Kodi Netflix Plex and YouTube (which includes casting ability).. Which is all I need. Works perfectly with the remote.. No keyboard needed. Sometimes can be a little bit sluggish.. But not overly slow and a reboot usually sorts they out. To me.. For the price is worth the gamble...I saw someone selling one on here the other day too.

Small disclaimer... Adding Kodi requires sideloading. Google explains how and it's very easy

Is this what I'm looking for?

https://pclinkshop.com/products/fire-tv-stick-with-alexa-voice-remote-streaming-media-player?utm_source=Click&utm_medium=Channel&utm_campaign=PriceCheck_ZA&ref=SFDR_107083479&variant=7429995888684

R840 seems very reasonable