MTB Seeding - SASeeding and now Cycle Events?

CarlodB

I have noticed that SASeeding has upgraded to a new Website (.org) and seems to be in partnership with Advendurance (race entries).  All the 2016 upcoming events also seems to be Advendurance events.  Been checking their website last few days to look for update of seeding after the Summer Fast One.  Looks like their website (seeding) are still stuck on 2015.

When entering for this weekends USN race at Modderfontein, I noticed that Cycle Events are now running their own Rider Seeding.  It seems to have received data from SASeeding as start-off index, but my personal seeding index is much lower that on SASeeding.

Does anyone know what is going on?  

Are we going to have to cope with different seeding for different events?  

IMO there should be one seeding index, and that should be managed by CSA. they should after all be the cycling authority in SA and every race we do they get a slice.  

The email that was send for the USN race still says:

Also, Remember, SASeeding are the official seeding system for this event and you will be required to bring your SAS number board. Please note that should you not have a SASeeding number board, you will be required to purchase one for the event. There is a once off fee of R50 for a board which can be used at any future SASeeding event.

• 2 months later...

I went onto Saseeding and see my index is 36 It used to be 29 last year. I've only ridden for 3 years and I see the best index of any race in all my riding is 30. How could my seeding have been 29 last year and now 36? Do they adjust your index per race as it ages. I generally start in A batch but got a message I am starting on C for the clarens ride. It doesn't matter where I start I just don't really get the logic. Does a C start for a 35 seeding sound right?

I went onto Saseeding and see my index is 36 It used to be 29 last year. I've only ridden for 3 years and I see the best index of any race in all my riding is 30. How could my seeding have been 29 last year and now 36? Do they adjust your index per race as it ages. I generally start in A batch but got a message I am starting on C for the clarens ride. It doesn't matter where I start I just don't really get the logic. Does a C start for a 35 seeding sound right?

The older your seeding races get the higher a penalty they carry, as far as i know.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know what has happened to the SASeeding website? Seems it has disappeared. Has it been replaced with a new system?

Does anyone know what has happened to the SASeeding website? Seems it has disappeared. Has it been replaced with a new system?

Being updated?

post-7319-0-91396000-1516710280_thumb.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Guys I have a silly question so please forgive my inexperience. With regard to seeding index. I haven't done many events as I have only been cycling for a year. I did the CTCT, Knysna Bull, and the Knysna Cycle Tour last weekend. The aim being to get a fairly good seeding for Karoo to Coast later this year. When you look at your index, they give you a number. Are we trying to get that number as low as possible or as high as possible? And for a amateur cyclist hoping for a decent batch at K2C what number index am I aiming for. 

How does this thing work? Seems like you need a degree to understand it. 

Guys I have a silly question so please forgive my inexperience. With regard to seeding index. I haven't done many events as I have only been cycling for a year. I did the CTCT, Knysna Bull, and the Knysna Cycle Tour last weekend. The aim being to get a fairly good seeding for Karoo to Coast later this year. When you look at your index, they give you a number. Are we trying to get that number as low as possible or as high as possible? And for a amateur cyclist hoping for a decent batch at K2C what number index am I aiming for.

You want a seeding number as low as possible.

In layman's terms that seeding number represents the % your time is going to be slower than the winner of an "average" race.

Not sure what you would consider a "good" seeding for the K2C. Rough thumb suck from me I guess anything up to 25 would be good enough for the first 2 seeding groups

Ppa events/racetec timed events in theory is supposed to give you a seeding index based on your ability. What boggles my mind is all the people with A numbers these days. They force themselves in front in the first couple of Km just to hold everybody up and then they blow up spectacularly.

Ppa events/racetec timed events in theory is supposed to give you a seeding index based on your ability. What boggles my mind is all the people with A numbers these days. They force themselves in front in the first couple of Km just to hold everybody up and then they blow up spectacularly.

You only need a 25 index to get a A seeding for MTB. Not particularly difficult for anyone slightly ahead of mid-bunch to get imo