RAPIDE getting international exposure...

Recently bought handlebars from them. Nice product and service was good.  Just wish they'd printed some pre-measured cutting guides on the bars (yes that would add cost, but I'd pay R50 more for that convenience).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are both long cage, so might give a good range?

Yeah, that might help. Mine is medium cage. But I think its less about cage length, and more about the offset of the upper jockey wheel. Apparently the newer Type 2 rear der. with clutches have the offset upper jockey wheel, so should be easier to get into the 42 sprocket.

I'll post a vid on YouTube shortly of my dissasembly, servicing, swapping out the gear selector and reassembly of my X9 shifter. There are no good ones around yet.

Recently bought handlebars from them. Nice product and service was good.  Just wish they'd printed some pre-measured cutting guides on the bars (yes that would add cost, but I'd pay R50 more for that convenience).

Agreed. This is the 3rd set of those 780mm bars I've bought from them. First set was on the Reign X (that was liberated from me) and the 2nd was on my hardtail play bike, which I forgot was on my roof... 

Agreed. This is the 3rd set of those 780mm bars I've bought from them. First set was on the Reign X (that was liberated from me) and the 2nd was on my hardtail play bike, which I forgot was on my roof... 

Please tell us this story? You drive it into the garage? Which got off worse the bike or the car?

I subscribe to a couple of threads on PB. 4, to be precise. I saw the link, commented and shared. 5 min max. I get quite a bit of down-time after the kid goes to sleep, so I use it to trawl the fora. 

Sites I frequent - PB; Hub (2 most often) then Vital, NSMB, Bikerumour. Sniffpetrol. I prefer surfing the web to watching TV... 

Ha ha.

WRT the web stuff - so do I. And my wife goes ballistic cause she wants me to watch TV with her. 

So i surf on the tablet and try to pay attention to the TV show - which then make her doubly the moer in as she says I am not present....

Please tell us this story? You drive it into the garage? Which got off worse the bike or the car?

LOL. It was after coming back from G Spot and Coetzenburg, before they put the divert in, so the climb back to the top KILLED me - those baby head rocks. So many of them! 

I had the bike on the roof, and there are some ficuses on our border, that have some low-hanging branches about 6" thick. I normally keep left to avoid them, as they only cover half the driveway. That day, I just completely forgot that it was on the roof (I also normally carry the bike on the back seat) and it was mounted upside down (bars and seat clamped to the roof racks)

Front wheel connects the branch, and I don't hear it until it's too late. Bars bent. No damage to the car or rest of the bike, cos I managed to stop before anything more than the bars got damaged. 

Total & utter dumbass move. 

Just saw this on their website:

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Probably the cheapest foray into the world of 11-speed.

That's what we're discussing, Odin... :)

Or, rather, that's the reason they're getting the exposure

Edited by Myles Mayhew

That's what we're discussing, Odin... :)

Or, rather, that's the reason they're getting the exposure

I know, I know. Just saw the bundle and it's price. 

There is a hubber who's already done the conversion. He should give some feedback.

See if they weren't as wide they probably wouldn't have bent...

Just saw this on their website:

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Probably the cheapest foray into the world of 11-speed.

//

I forsee many many shifter bits spred across many many work benches.

//

Edited by DeFconOK

Ordered mine yesterday afternoon about 2pm and arrived this morning about 9am .... jissie just cannot fault the service  :thumbup:

Will do the conversion some time this afternoon, intend to take pics and a short write up about it. Lets see how long it takes and how easy the shifter change is ... that's the part I'm interested in  :devil:

All things being equal I can start riding it tomorrow morning already at Thaba, a good test but I'm sure (no sorry I know) Wayne has used his through there already!

post-271-0-30093300-1453798845_thumb.jpg