Race Fail: Ashburton Meerendal 2016

Rock Guy

I am so tired of hearing the same old excuses time after time, and then the same thing happens again and again.

FFS, they used to get it right so they know how. It is so sad to see it going down the toilet like the rest of South Africa.

Is Advendurance being run by the ANC?!?!

As much as I know everyone would love to vent their political frustrations, I think it's best we keep the posts about the quality of races. In any case, if race organizers were run by any political party we would never have complained about races. Chiefly because the races we all wanted would only have been promised and never actually taken place. The other races would have only been published in the government gazzette, which no one reads, and therefore would have only served as meal tickets for government officials.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I know everyone would love to vent their political frustrations, I think it's best we keep the posts about the quality of races. In any case, if race organizers were run by any political party we would never have complained about races. Chiefly because the races we all wanted would only have been promised and never actually taken place. The other races would have only been published in the government gazzette, which no one reads, and therefore would have only served as meal tickets for government officials.

HaHa!! Fair enough that is a very valid point.

Perspective.

A simple word you only really appreciate from a very distant place. Like the DRC, for example..

While you guys and gals were out having a bore of a jol, and some others were doing endo's and fynbos-trashing, whilst yet others were taking short cuts to the medical tent, I was sitting in a foreign land amongst foreign people speaking foreign. I was simply dreaming of riding my bike. I swear, I would even have taken a 30klip ride into a raging Cape So'easter.

But alas, it was not to be. So the only remedy for me is to read all about the rest of yous experience. Sounds like it was more of a miss than a hit, and sure, I reckon that Advendurance could have done things better. All their promising and posing helps not without results ( both in terms of improvement, and surprise surprise, actual RESULTS...)

I digress, I will continue sweating it out here in the jungle, while y'all can carry on complaining about getting to ride your bikes in the fairest cape...again!

Just so you all know. Contrary to Frits' response. Results are not up. I called SASeeding after sending a unanswered mail. The lady was frustrated by my questioning of when results would be posted?

After her explanation that a Wynand is the only one who can answer... he told her this coming Friday...

We are forced to pay extra for these boards and timing. In this day and age to say electronic system takes 6 days to post??? Makes me distrust all involved here. Its such a dissapointment when we the customers get taken advantage of. Truth is best way to report.

Just so you all know. Contrary to Frits' response. Results are not up. I called SASeeding after sending a unanswered mail. The lady was frustrated by my questioning of when results would be posted?

After her explanation that a Wynand is the only one who can answer... he told her this coming Friday...

We are forced to pay extra for these boards and timing. In this day and age to say electronic system takes 6 days to post??? Makes me distrust all involved here. Its such a dissapointment when we the customers get taken advantage of. Truth is best way to report.

Does it really matter if you came in 300th? 800th? 1100th? Eleventy-Seven-One-million-Zero-and-4th? 

I guess on Friday somebody will start a "Result Fail: Meerenblahblahblah" thread. Ai.

Does it really matter if you came in 300th? 800th? 1100th? Eleventy-Seven-One-million-Zero-and-4th? 

I guess on Friday somebody will start a "Result Fail: Meerenblahblahblah" thread. Ai.

Thats not really the point. The point is we paid for fancy pants boards to record results, were promised results up latest close of day yesterday and now Friday.

Had they said Friday from the start ppl would be less miffed  :thumbup:

Maybe not for you. But for most of us. I assure you if they make it a non result event the turnout will be less. Also if the result was no not needed we can be charged less...

Whole idea is to develop a seeding that has viable uses.

Probably the most ridiculous thing ever said on the Hub.

Are you joking ?

Eerrrmmmm...a lot of people use these races to get a better seeding at "other" big races, so yes it is important to some. #epicfailrightthere

Probably the most ridiculous thing ever said on the Hub.

Are you joking ?

Of course I'm joking. :whistling: I know how serious hubbers take their results. 

lol...gotta love when someone enters the 40km and does 1hr 30min and SECOND place is like 30min slower...Enter the longer one :thumbdown:

Edited by Thermophage

lol...gotta love when someone enters the 40km and does 1hr 30min and SECOND place is like 30min slower...Enter the longer one :thumbdown:

Although looks like results are still a little screwwey...so take that comment with a pinch of salt atm...