Two cyclists killed in KZN

Vetseun

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to take this up and go and see the Control Prosecutor and Senior Public Prosecutor. Send emails. Write letters. Copy in the Senior Criminal Magistrate. Make it something that is in their face and needs to be dealt with.  Once they see that you are not going away, they will actually work on it and deal with it.

We did this for a mate whose brother got beaten up by bouncers outside a nightclub. They are now in jail.

Someone needs to take this up and go and see the Control Prosecutor and Senior Public Prosecutor. Send emails. Write letters. Copy in the Senior Criminal Magistrate. Make it something that is in their face and needs to be dealt with.  Once they see that you are not going away, they will actually work on it and deal with it.

We did this for a mate whose brother got beaten up by bouncers outside a nightclub. They are now in jail.

Say what?  To whom?

I will do it but have no idea how to go about it and what to say?

Don't have addresses either and if I send to the wrong person, it will be binned.

Any chance of a "template" we could all use?

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/my-life-cannot-carry-on-partner-of-killed-durban-cyclist-20170313

From the above:

<quote>

Dwyer's relatives, including his mother, were in court. Through an attorney, they wrote a letter to prosecutor Herman Mouton, "strongly objecting" to any more delays, as they wanted closure.

Ramnarain's attorney Devin Moodley said the adjournment was necessary so he could obtain a further expert report, because the defence was "of a technical nature".

"Unfortunately, because it is a high profile media case, people have been unwilling to assist us. But we have now found a professor who can assist as soon as he returns from overseas later this month."

Maharaj (the magistrate) initially suggested it could be a delaying tactic, but Moodley denied this. To force the trial to continue would be an exercise in futility, because in previous similar circumstances in the past, the High Court had stopped the trial or set it aside, Maharaj said.

"I apologise for this. In terms of the law, there is not much I can do," he said to witnesses, friends and relatives in the public gallery.

Caro Smith, of South Africans Against Drunk Driving, said the case was important in light of recent statements government ministers had made about drunk driving.

"If he [Ramnarain] is found guilty, he should go to jail."

The case was adjourned until April, when a new trial date would be set.

</quote>

Wait till April, or rather the trial date that will be sometime after that .... then maybe some cyclists' support in court won't go amiss.

And as a result of the postponement the high profile case is watered down to just another drunk who killed someone.

Our courts are in shambles.

The magistrate made a mistake, this IS a delay tactic. How many months did they have to prepare for this day? Sad day not to see justice done.

And as a result of the postponement the high profile case is watered down to just another drunk who killed someone.

Our courts are in shambles.

The magistrate made a mistake, this IS a delay tactic. How many months did they have to prepare for this day? Sad day not to see justice done.

edit

Edited by isetech

The letters etc is what PPA / CSA should be doing not worrying about the breeze in CT  :devil:

EX ****** ZACTLY

Write to PPA CEO and ask him if PPA is taking this up. This is EXACTLY what they committed to do in these sort of cases. I cannot as I am not a PPA member.

• 5 months later...