YT Bikes in S.A

Beer4Recovery

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's official. Pricing (thanks to the EUR at the moment) is a bit... 

Ja. 

Capra CF Pro Race - R 103,500.00

Capra CF Pro - R 93,500.00

Capra CF Comp - R 78,900.00

Capra AL Comp 2 - R 59,000.00

Capra AL Comp 1 - R 58,000.00

Capra AL - R 49,900.00

Yeah, it's official. Pricing (thanks to the EUR at the moment) is a bit... 

Ja. 

Capra CF Pro Race - R 103,500.00

Capra CF Pro - R 93,500.00

Capra CF Comp - R 78,900.00

Capra AL Comp 2 - R 59,000.00

Capra AL Comp 1 - R 58,000.00

Capra AL - R 49,900.00

Loooks like Gwin negotiated prices for us

To put the above pricing into context - the Reign Advanced 1, which was previously the most "affordable" carbon framed bike in this category, is currently retailing for just over 70k. At TODAY'S exchange rate, if you were to bring one in, it would be R 84,200. 

The same bike last year retailed for just over R 50k. That's the effect of the exchange rate in these times. 

The closest to the Reign Advanced is the CF Comp, but even then the YT is specced higher. So yeah, it's very good pricing for what it is, but it's just our farking exchange rate that is raping us at the moment. 

Loooks like Gwin negotiated prices for us

They're actually not. It's solely exchange rate movements... Yeah, there were some parts changes on the top end model (Fox, carbon rims etc) that resulted in an increase there, but for all other things the pricing (in EUR) remained largely static. 

It's sickening what the ZAR has done to our sport. 

They're actually not. It's solely exchange rate movements... Yeah, there were some parts changes on the top end model (Fox, carbon rims etc) that resulted in an increase there, but for all other things the pricing (in EUR) remained largely static. 

It was toungue in cheek. But you right. At this rate next year I'll be saying things like. 

Six Thousand rand unleaded please. I wonder what the specs are of the basic AL model.

It was toungue in cheek. But you right. At this rate next year I'll be saying things like. 

Six Thousand rand unleaded please. I wonder what the specs are of the basic AL model.

Sorry, I missed the comic sans... 

But knowing you, I should have read it instantly!

EDIT: Specs:

FRAMECAPRA ALUMINIUM 27,5"

REAR DERAILLEURSRAM GX 

WHEELSETDT SWISS E1900 SPLINE 27,5 

SHOCKROCKSHOX MONARCH PLUS R 

SHIFTERSRAM GX 

FRONT TIREMAXXIS HIGH ROLLER II 

FORKROCKSHOX YARI RC 

CASSETTESRAM XG 1150 10-42 

REAR TIREMAXXIS HIGH ROLLER II 

TRAVEL FRONT/REAR160MM/165MM
STEMRACE FACE ÆFFECT 

HEADSETACROS AZX-203 

BRAKESSRAM DB5 

HANDLEBARRACE FACE ÆFFECT 

CRANKSETRACE FACE ÆFFECT 

DISCS FRONT/REARSRAM G2CS 200
SEATPOSTROCKSHOX REVERB 

BOTTOM BRACKETRACE FACE PRESSFIT 30 (73) 

GRIPSSENSUS DISISDABOSS 

SADDLESDG DUSTER 

CHAIN GUIDENONE
PEDALSWITHOUT / OHNE 

FRAME SIZES / M / L / XL
WEIGHT14,0 KG / 30,9 LB

I actually expected them to be much more....for a boutique brand to come in at those prices and have the range ito budgets is actually flippen well done. 

I actually expected them to be much more....for a boutique brand to come in at those prices and have the range ito budgets is actually flippen well done. 

it's their direct pricing. Even though they now have "ambassadors" it's still a direct model. Just a local rep doing it.

We going to have to look after our current bikes very well because it's extremely difficult to afford bikes of this caliber now and in time to come.

The bikes we have already all went up in value. Look on the bright side ;-)

On a related note, does anyone know where I can insure my bike for it's value in euros?

On a related note, does anyone know where I can insure my bike for it's value in euros?

Haha.

My Superbike costs R350 less to insure than my DH bike

Well, yeah, that and the fact that every Tom, Dick and Harry happily pays these prices seeing as mountain biking is for many a dick measuring contest and we gladly ruin ourselves on hobbies.

Market is simply dishing out the abuse we ask and thank them for.

Seriously, if my bike breaks in the next year and for some or other reason I can't have it replaced on the cheap I'm done with mtb'ing. No way in hell I'm looking my wife in the eyes and telling her I'm forking out R70k for a bicycle.  A bicycle people.

Anyways, not starting the exchange rate debate again.  I know it's dicking us extra hard.  Still not convinced retailers and distributors are 100% innocent.

Well, yeah, that and the fact that every Tom, Dick and Harry happily pays these prices seeing as mountain biking is for many a dick measuring contest and we gladly ruin ourselves on hobbies.

Market is simply dishing out the abuse we ask and thank them for.

Seriously, if my bike breaks in the next year and for some or other reason I can't have it replaced on the cheap I'm done with mtb'ing. No way in hell I'm looking my wife in the eyes and telling her I'm forking out R70k for a bicycle.  A bicycle people.

Anyways, not starting the exchange rate debate again.  I know it's dicking us extra hard.  Still not convinced retailers and distributors are 100% innocent

Yea I will just go full into my bodyboarding again if my bike konks in.Wife will cut my nuts off if I tell her these prices.

Archived