Constantia Greenbelt Trail news and updates

Bicyclegear

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a reminder of the inaugural "Bicyclegear.co.za Blowout" happening on the #vlakkenbergmtbtrail this Sunday 6th November.

The B Group will start at 8:45 and do 2 laps of 2km. The A Group will start at 9:30 and do 4 laps of 2km. The start is on the Hout Bay pipe-track. If you park at Constantia Nek, follow the pipe-track on the way down into Hout Bay. If you are riding up from Hout Bay, follow Fynbos Close onto the pipe-track until you find us at the start. We will be present at the start from 8:00 until 10:30.There will be 30 riders allowed to race for each group.

We are selling R30 Vlakkenberg MTB Trail permits at the the start. This allows you to ride on the trail and have free entry into the monthly "Bicyclegear Blowout" events. All monies collected go towards building more trail and maintenance of it.

http://bicyclegear.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Advert-of-event.jpghttp://bicyclegear.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/From-CN-directions.jpg

Some welcome additions to the Firgrove road crossing, happening both sides....

attachicon.gif20160928_173310.jpg

That curb was one of the most technical part of the trails, the Enduro guys are going to be real bleak now. 

#DirtRoadie

That curb was one of the most technical part of the trails, the Enduro guys are going to be real bleak now. 

#DirtRoadie

Mate of mine was complaining that now he has no more reason to laugh at the dirt roadies as they attempt to hop the pavement... 

Some welcome additions to the Firgrove road crossing, happening both sides....

attachicon.gif20160928_173310.jpg

and now it has a nicely painted yield sign zebra crossing for the cyclists......

not that I would suggest that anyone assume that any traffic will actually yield for you though :blink:

#prouddirtroadie  ^_^  ( and yeah I can hop a curb on a bicycle I learned when I was ten )  #bikeskills (does that make me a #endurodirtroadie  :thumbup: )

Just a reminder of the inaugural "Bicyclegear.co.za Blowout" happening on the #vlakkenbergmtbtrail this Sunday 6th November.

The B Group will start at 8:45 and do 2 laps of 2km. The A Group will start at 9:30 and do 4 laps of 2km. The start is on the Hout Bay pipe-track. If you park at Constantia Nek, follow the pipe-track on the way down into Hout Bay. If you are riding up from Hout Bay, follow Fynbos Close onto the pipe-track until you find us at the start. We will be present at the start from 8:00 until 10:30.There will be 30 riders allowed to race for each group.

We are selling R30 Vlakkenberg MTB Trail permits at the the start. This allows you to ride on the trail and have free entry into the monthly "Bicyclegear Blowout" events. All monies collected go towards building more trail and maintenance of it.

http://bicyclegear.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Advert-of-event.jpghttp://bicyclegear.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/From-CN-directions.jpg

Ooh!  I've always wondered what's up that road.

Is it R30 for a year or a month or just the day?

14976573_1809468439271825_32538718625278

The inaugural Bicyclegear.co.za Blowout was held last Sunday on the Vlakkenberg MTB Trail powered by Private Client Holdings, Pedal Power Association and Bicyclegear.co.za.

1st - Luke Moir

2nd- Mark Moir

3rd - Sean Newbery

Click here for photos of the event.

The next event will be held on the first weekend in December.

Hahaha! Luke beat his dad!

Damn, he must have been hauling ass! That boy can ride. 

and now it has a nicely painted yield sign zebra crossing for the cyclists......

not that I would suggest that anyone assume that any traffic will actually yield for you though :blink:

#prouddirtroadie ^_^ ( and yeah I can hop a curb on a bicycle I learned when I was ten ) #bikeskills (does that make me a #endurodirtroadie [emoji106] )

Don't let the whole yield sign, zebra crossing, right of way thing fool you. Someone will still go out of their way in a bid to kill you as I discovered today.

I waited patiently for the traffic to stop and bus driver duly did his bit and stopped.

I checked the other direction, all clear, and with a nod to the bus driver started to cross. Only to be greeted by the worrying sound of locked up tyres, a quick glance told me a bakkie driving dumbass hadn't liked the idea of stopping and had just driven straight around the bus. There was another sound but that came from me and I'm not prepared to disclose its specific source...

Anyway the cockwomble missed me, just, as I made a sprint for the far side and carried on driving with barely a glance back. The git.

If there was a Strava segment for crossing Firgrove I would own it right now.

cockwomble......... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

pleased he missed mate :thumbup: that crossing as I mentioned should NOT be trusted....

Had a car stop for me to cross at the Silverhurst  crossing before i could even push the button for the green man,then the car on the left stopped ....wow I thought to myself must be bikers...then the driver in the car behind the  courteous driver starts shouting/swearing and hooting at the driver who stopped to let me cross  when he didn't have to.... once across I stopped to have a glare at this impatient driver and as he pulled away I saw he had a bike ride safe sticker on the back window.

Hi In preparation for our new Table mountain Trails

(and the fees went up since last notification)

So apparently we all go in as a group of 4  and ...then with a bit of price sharing we all  get a reduced fee...

1 main member is allowed to have 3 additional members 

R500+3x215=R1145

total split 4 ways ....R286.25 each

Answer to your question 

Do the additional members need to be family members of the main member?

• No.

Great just called the offices and 1 person can do all the paper work, pay and collect permits for his 3 biking partners.So the main member will take in his ID obviously and will need ID certified copies  and completed signed forms of those he is adding.

1.     So you will require 2x passport sized photos...

2.     a certified copy of your ID

3.     the form below completed and signed.

https://www.sanparks.org/docs/parks_table_mountain/myactivity_permit_form.pdf

(and the level 3 includes dog walking)

The Table Mountain National Park My Green Card and My Activity Permit is now available at the following Cape Town Tourism offices. Remember to take with you your 2 ID photos, ID and, in the case of the My Green Card, your printed proof of residence:

The TMNP My Activity Permit is required by individuals who make use of the Park to undertake a specific/variety of activities. Activities requiring a permit are as follow:

A valid DAFF recreational fishing permit is required when purchasing Level 3 line fishing or Marine Species Access permit respectively for use in Cape of Good Hope (Cape Point).

·        Level 1 – Dog-walking (R250)

·        Level 1 - Multi User Level 1 card additional member (R90.00)

·        Level 2 – Hang-gliding and paragliding, sport climbing (R370)

·        Level 3 – Horse-riding, mountain biking, line fishing and transport (R500)

·        Level 3 - Additional member (R215.00)

Not to sure on the Sunday office hours...they don't answer the phone on Sundays

Please note:

My Green Cards and Activity permits will be available for sale this season at all sales outlets indicated below. 
In addition there will be a mobile Cape Town Tourism outlet from 15th Dec to 8th January in Muizenberg ( excluding Christmas Day), This will be a caravan parked outside the Pavilion
Payments can be made via a debit or credit card only, No cash
Operating hours:

09:00 – 16:00 Monday – Friday
09:00 – 13:00 Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays

Dogs are not allowed in Tokai when entering to visit the Wild Card Office or the Manor House.

Archived